Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ASU Assistant Aaron Simpson "let go"

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Default ASU Assistant Aaron Simpson "let go"

I really don't feel like ranting at the moment, but this is probably the most retarded move ever for ASU wrestling. I'll elaborate later, but if any of you know Aaron, you know what a good guy and great coach they are letting go.

Default Re: ASU Assistant Aaron Simpson "let go"

Ridiculous. Did they give a reason, or did they just drop him?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

That's too bad, I can't see who'd they would get that would be better for the upper weights? homer, I do have a question, How does a 4x AZ state champ with 140+ wins walk on? I just read his bio and it said he "walked on" and then earned a scolly???

Ortiz said that they just didn't see eye to eye and that it wasn't going to work out. They almost fired Ortiz a few months ago, and he is just trying to put the blame somewhere other than where it belongs, which is on him. Aaron really cares about the wrestlers and their careers, Ortiz just wants people to do however well enough they need to for him to keep his job. It's such a joke.

As far as Aaron walking on, I never really understood that. He was a 4x state champ, but in the smallest or next to smallest division. I know that he got 2nd at Junior Nationals one year, so you think that would be scholarship worthy by itself. I really don't get that either, I'll ask him though next time I talk to him. Actually I think that he was on some type of academic scholarship now that I think about it. Not sure how that factored in to things.

Hmmm, sounds like the guys I talked to at the NCAAs. They weren't the biggest fans of Ortiz either. They even offered to take resumes from people sitting around them.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Were these parents that you talked to Champ? I plan on writing a bigger rant on the other forum, but I want to take my time on it.

ASU truely screwed up by not hiring Steiner.

Agreed Trusty. I talked to both Steiners a few times that summer, and I really liked them and I wanted them to get the job. I went to the administration, told that the Steiner's would be perfect for the team, but obviously that didn't matter to them at all. Then I tried to push for Penrith when it was narrowed down to the final 3(not as good as Steiner's obviously, but still better than the current situation), but that obviously didn't matter either. Now Oregon State, Cal Davis, etc. all have the Iowa coaches and are having success, while ASU continues to struggle.

And now they are getting rid of their best coach. Good move.

Olympic Champ

But the Steiners didn't go to ASU, and Ortiz did. I'm sure that was a factor in the decision.