Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: 2010 NWCA All Star Classic: Results/Discussion: Webcast Live

Default Re: 2010 NWCA All Star Classic: Results/Discussion: Webcast Live

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Asper with a tight 3-2 win over Onufer as his TD and ride out in the first period held up after both guys traded escapes in the second and third.
    Pretty surprised that Asper didn't widen the gap more here.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: 2010 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Discussion (133, 149, 157, 174,184, 285 Posted)

Does anyone know if the are any videos on the web from the all-star classic?

Default Re: 2010 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Discussion (133, 149, 157, 174,184, 285 Posted)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyem View Post
    Does anyone know if the are any videos on the web from the all-star classic?
    Other than the HORRIBLE feed I just watched? I dont think so. These havent been archived in a few years and I wouldnt expect them to be this time either.

Bubba looked nice, I cannot deny. Maybe he just gets up for the prime time matches a bit better?

I felt good about spending the $7 for California wrestling to watch the feed... but I was kind of hoping for some announcing rather than the love-fest and meaningless self congratulatory discussion that accompanied the wrestling. I had to mute the volume for the matches I was watching closely. Geez guys, pay attention to the mat when you're supposed to be announcing. Yesterday, Jimmy Foster didn't have much in the way of useful information about the names of the wrestlers or their background at the UNO Open (no fault of his), but at least he didn't talk about himself and the people he knows the entire time. Still - $7 well spent. And I got to watch some good wrestlers. Maybe next year there will be an Iowa play-by-play guy, nobody does it better...

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    I felt good about spending the $7 for California wrestling to watch the feed... but I was kind of hoping for some announcing rather than the love-fest and meaningless self congratulatory discussion that accompanied the wrestling. I had to mute the volume for the matches I was watching closely. Geez guys, pay attention to the mat when you're supposed to be announcing. Yesterday, Jimmy Foster didn't have much in the way of useful information about the names of the wrestlers or their background at the UNO Open (no fault of his), but at least he didn't talk about himself and the people he knows the entire time. Still - $7 well spent. And I got to watch some good wrestlers. Maybe next year there will be an Iowa play-by-play guy, nobody does it better...
    Hey, I'm right there with ya. $7 spent to do something I enjoy AND it helps wrestling, can't beat it.

Jimmy Foster is my hero! 13 hours of giggling and laughing - talkin bout snowflake, ed too tall jones, etc was a good time.

The biggest thing is that Casber doesn't really know anything about the sport or who is who, so all he can do is talk about how he's met guys or speak in sweeping generalities about how tough wrestlers are.

I thought Tirapelli was great personally

I forgot there was a 3rd guy in the booth most of the time Abbas clearly not bound for play by play duty anytime soon
    Gold is an idiot.