Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Schlatter Interview From Flo

Default Dustin Schlatter Interview From Flo

http://www.flocasts.com/flowrestling...d=404&vid=4632

Very good interview, Dustin speaks on a lot of stuff that happened, and his mindset in general as a freshman and a sophomore.

Definitely seemed to have his head on right, and didn't make excuses over the fact that he didn't win it last year. Said a lot of things that I remember making note of over the course of last year, and while thats not particularly important, it does at the very least make me feel smart.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Re: Dustin Schlatter Interview From Flo

that interview is really good. Tons of respect for Schlatter and I love the zero presence of excuses. Class act and a true champ. Not a gopher fan, but I'll cheer for him.

Can't wait to see him and Metcalf. Rumor has it that the NWCA doesn't have the gusto to make that match happen at the all-star. Boooo. Give the fans what they want. If I had the opportunity to present one of the world's most anticipated matches in collegiate history, I'd own it.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Wow, he really picked up the Minnesota accent fast "you know", "i mean"...

It takes a big man to admit that he needs to make adjustments and go after it more especially since he already has an NCAA Championship to show for his career.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

He and Metcalf might have a couple of back in forth matches but I am going to give the edge to Schlatter come tournament time because of his learning experiences...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Metcalf will dominate, mark my words. Wrestling the top guys on the senior level all year while Dustin wrestles 20 yos.

Last edited by Schlottke; 08-22-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Metcalf and Schlatter both better watch out for Bubba down at 149!!!
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net

Quote Originally Posted by DROP View Post
    Metcalf will dominate, mark my words. Wrestling the top guys on the senior level all year while Dustin wrestles 20 yos.
    So Dustin spent the offseason working out only with people younger than him? I'm surprised that he couldn't get anyone with more experience to work out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DROP View Post
    Such a convincing argument.

I'm sure there is no one Dustin would rather wrestle than Metcalf, Metcalf's style is perfect for Dustin to just pick apart, he will make mistakes, and Dustin will get his.

Metcalf's biggest advantage in their high school matches was his cardio, and something tells me with this being his third year in the room with J Rob and company, any problems like that for Dustin are long gone.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Dustin sweep him this year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12