Thread: Chris Diaz ACC Wrestler of the Week 2/9

Default Chris Diaz ACC Wrestler of the Week 2/9

GREENSBORO, N.C. ? Virginia Tech 141-pound junior Chris Diaz has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference Wrestler of the Week after posting a wild, last-second win in a battle between nationally- ranked opponents during the 15th-ranked Hokies match at eighth-ranked Lehigh.

The 10th-ranked Diaz picked up a takedown with one second left in the match to capture a 4-3 win over 17th-ranked Seth Ciasulli. Ciasulli got a first-period takedown and a stall warning point against Diaz to take a 3-2 lead. But Diaz kept fighting and was awarded the two points at the buzzer much to dismay of the Lehigh faithful, beginning a run of three straight weight-class wins by the Hokies. Diaz, a native of Camden, Del., improved to 25-3 on the season and 18-1 in dual matches.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Default Re: Chris Diaz ACC Wrestler of the Week 2/9

Slow week in the ACC?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

yup. most everything else got snowed out last week... even so, it's not like there's an abundance of superstars from which to choose Should have been Diaz vs Krom last weekend though.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

I picked up Diaz out of free agency earlier this season and he has been a great help to my team. Hope to see him do well in Omaha.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Should have been Metcalf.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Should have been Metcalf.
    At 141?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09