Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How The Gophers Could Beat the Hawkeyes

Default Re: How The Gophers Could Beat the Hawkeyes

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Thats why I was taking all betters last week that thought Iowa would win by 18-20 points. I think too much has to happen in the Gophers favor to make it be something I would seriously bet but I can't see it going in favor of Iowa by 18 points, not in any real scenario.
    Agreed, 18 points won't happen. In actuality, I think we're prob. going to see Iowa by 6 or so in a low scoring dual. I don't see a lot of bonus points in this one.

I hope Minny takes this one. It seems like it's about time that a team facing Iowa comes up with key wins from their own guys in the tight matches and squeezes out the dual.

Thats fine brother Zapp but then lay down some coin. Don't sit back and throw crap against a wall and see if it sticks. I CLEARLY stated that this was how the Gophers would probably have to do it to win and CLEARLY stated that I knew it wasn't realistic.

Again, if you want to take Iowa and give me 18, I am here for you Huckleberry.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Thats fine brother Zapp but then lay down some coin. Don't sit back and throw crap against a wall and see if it sticks. I CLEARLY stated that this was how the Gophers would probably have to do it to win and CLEARLY stated that I knew it wasn't realistic.

Again, if you want to take Iowa and give me 18, I am here for you Huckleberry.
    I didn't even make the prediciton of them winning by that much, I predicted them to win by 15, but here's the thing: a prediction might be wrong. I can't see the future. So I offered to give you the bet at -11, still a substantial margin, but you just refse to take a bet unless it's absolutely perfect for you. All it would take is for ONE match to go against me, and I lose. One match out of 10. You don't trust your Gophers to keep it within 11?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I didn't even make the prediciton of them winning by that much, I predicted them to win by 15, but here's the thing: a prediction might be wrong. I can't see the future. So I offered to give you the bet at -11, still a substantial margin, but you just refse to take a bet unless it's absolutely perfect for you. All it would take is for ONE match to go against me, and I lose. One match out of 10. You don't trust your Gophers to keep it within 11?
    Heck No! But I do expect them to keep it within 18...you wanna go for 15? If its 15 its a push? You win by 16 you win, you win by 14, I win? Its just a signature bet man...they are all in good fun. Besides, how mean can I be by giving you a signature bet if my team actually LOSES by 14?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Heck No! But I do expect them to keep it within 18...you wanna go for 15? If its 15 its a push? You win by 16 you win, you win by 14, I win? Its just a signature bet man...they are all in good fun. Besides, how mean can I be by giving you a signature bet if my team actually LOSES by 14?
    Yeesh. Fine, you beat me down.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Woo hoo...a bet! Now we're on to something...1 Week Signature Bet plus you have to babysit LoSt one day if you ever go to Nationals and he is there?