Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How The Gophers Could Beat the Hawkeyes

Default Re: How The Gophers Could Beat the Hawkeyes

Hmmm, this def. seems like it COULD happen, if the cards fall right. You did not give Minny any bonus points either, which you could always pick up with unexpected pins or majors. This is definitely an entirely different dual this time, and pretty intruiging.

Thats why I was taking all betters last week that thought Iowa would win by 18-20 points. I think too much has to happen in the Gophers favor to make it be something I would seriously bet but I can't see it going in favor of Iowa by 18 points, not in any real scenario.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I was with ya til Berhow wbd Erekson.

All the other ones are likely.

Not saying that Berhow losing would be the biggest upset in the world, i just don't think it's a great matchup for Ben to win.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Me either but if it goes in to that final match-up (if they start at 125) with the Gophers within -2 to +5, all the pressure goes squarely on Erekson. If Erekson had been back all year and was in peak conditioning I bet the farm on Erekson. Since he's not, I will leave the door slightly ajar.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

the Gophers will be LUCKY if they win 4 matches and I'm not an Iowa fan

Quote Originally Posted by chrir33 View Post
    I'm not an Iowa fan
    Since when???

Since Metcalf beat DS in the Big 10 finals and pushed his head in the mat with his forearm, I lost respect for him and Iowa. It's to bad he got beat against Caldwell but Darrion deserved to win, he wrestled a great match, stalling at the end or not, he took it to Metcalf, and I'm glad BM lost. That was probably the best match I've ever seen. I couldn't sit after the 1st period.

I think if anyone wants to have any shot at beating Metcalf, Lance Palmer specifically, he needs to get Metcalf down early and on the defense if possible. I doubt Palmers style can get Metcalf down early and put him in a position where he has to wrestle to climb back and win.

Its going to take a Herculean effort by whomever beats Metcalf but we all saw it happen last year.

125: McD DEC Sanders
    133: Dennis DEC Ness 6-0
    141: Marion DEC Thorn 9-0 Iowa
    149: Metcalf PIN Mason 15-0
    157: Schlatter DEC Jannsen 15-3
    165: Morningstar DEC Yohn 18-3
    174: Borschel MDEC Glasser 22-3
    184: Keddy MDEC Young 26-3 Iowa
    197: Yohn DEC Lofthouse 26-6 Iowa
    HWT: Erekson DEC Berhow 29-6 Iowa

Which of these results is an unreasonable one? Gof keeps saying the Gophs losing by 18-20 "he can't see happening", but all of those are very logical results.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...