Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's official -- Schlatter to 157

Default Re: It's official -- Schlatter to 157

Yes because Dustin has lost countless matches in his career by 5 points plus.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Because it isn't like Dustin is 3-1 in his career against Burroughs or anything.
    Ummmm.....Schlatter wins were like ages ago.
    Bourroughs wins last year and was a complete buzz saw all of last year.

I do not think they had to twist his arm.....to go down. I think he might win and if he does he will be a National Champion*

*Champion after returning National Champion and Hodge Trophy Favorite goes down with an injury early and does not wrestle for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by chrir33 View Post
    Burroughs would beat DS by 5 points plus
    Hahaha... My guess is that no one has beaten him by that much since he was a little kid. I know it hasn't happened in the last 10 years.

The only exception is when Palmer pinned him.

Given the overall season that Burroughs had last year and the fact that he beat him you can make the argument that Burroughs should be favored in a future match up with Schlatter.

But saying that Burroughs would win by 5 points plus is absolutely asinine.

Score was 6-4 last year.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by dckundr View Post
    Ummmm.....Schlatter wins were like ages ago.
    Bourroughs wins last year and was a complete buzz saw all of last year.

I do not think they had to twist his arm.....to go down. I think he might win and if he does he will be a National Champion*

*Champion after returning National Champion and Hodge Trophy Favorite goes down with an injury early and does not wrestle for the remainder of the season.
    Why put an asterisk by this as if it's some tainted circumstance? A National Champ is a National Champ. Burroughs will NOT be the champ for 2010 and I certainly don't think we can assume he would have won with a guy like Schlatter in the weight class.

Example #1: Schlatter tore his MCL his sophomore year and lost to Gillespie. You can say that he might have won the title if his knee had been healthy, but that wasn't the case. No one puts an asterisk by Gillespie's title because Schlatter was wrestling with a busted knee. He was the champ.

Example #2: Why not put an asterisk by Jaggers' 2 titles because a lot of people would have favored a healthy Brandon Rader? Because that's stupid, that's why. Jaggers was the champ.

If Schlatter wins this year, he is the 157 champ, no asterisk, end of story.

Why even debate the "wrestler x is afraid of wrestler y" statements? They are so absurd and completely unprovable. Any wrestler who has achieved a national championship has proven countless times that they aren't afraid of competition or losing.

He might place 3rd

HE BETTER hope he gets in the opposite bracket from Steve Brown !!! Brown will do something bad to him !!