141 Thorn
    149 Mason
    157 Schlatter
    165 Yohn
    174 Glasser
    184 Young
    197 Yohn
    Hwt Berhow...

That all looked fine until the last three weights.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: It's official -- Schlatter to 157

At first I thought this to be an article from The Onion. Given the NCAA rules on weight loss over time, the idea had to be planted in J Rob's mind for a while and Schlatter has been wrestling well under 165 for a few duals. I'll hazard a guess the plan was hatched the day Deitchler was declared ineligible.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

I'll hazard a guess that it has been going back and forth since Burroughs went out with the knee injury.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

World Champ

I think this is great for Schlatter and Minny. It gives him the best chance for a title, and it fills the hole for U of M. 157 seemed a bit weak before, and now it feels less weak. J.P. O. will have to work harder for a title now.

On a Hawkeye side note: Aaron Janssen, eat your Wheaties. Oh, and watch out for the slick, quick duck-under.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    At first I thought this to be an article from The Onion. Given the NCAA rules on weight loss over time, the idea had to be planted in J Rob's mind for a while and Schlatter has been wrestling well under 165 for a few duals. I'll hazard a guess the plan was hatched the day Deitchler was declared ineligible.
    He hasn't wrestled in nearly a month, so this is probably why. Probably cutting weight at the specified % loss per week, or however it works.

I am sure Bourroughs injury has NOTHING to do with this.......Saw this coming from right field.

www.youtube.com/dckundr

Because it isn't like Dustin is 3-1 in his career against Burroughs or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I'll hazard a guess that it has been going back and forth since Burroughs went out with the knee injury.
    Seriously doubt it... I'd say even with Burroughs, 157 wasn't a harder weight to win than 165.

Burroughs would beat DS by 5 points plus