Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #18 Oregon State v. #21 Arizona State Sunday 1:30 Mountain Time Predictions and Discussion.

Default Re: #18 Oregon State v. #21 Arizona State Sunday 1:30 Mountain Time Predictions and Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by OrStFan View Post
    Great win by the Beavs!
    ASU radio announcers were talking about how young the ASU team is as an excuse for their results.
    They forgot to look at the other side of the mat.
    Beavs (so, so, fr, fr, sr, sr, jr, fr, so, so)
    Already have plugins for the 2 seniors. Yikes!
    Beavs are here to stay!
    Who are the two plug ins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: #18 Oregon State v. #21 Arizona State Sunday 1:30 Mountain Time Predictions and Discussion.

One item to bring up first. The best wrestler will be the starters at each weight on this team. There is a fierce competition for these positions, and starting roles are earned.

149 lber Scott Sakaguichi is having a great freshman year. I don't see how they will keep this kid off the mat next year. Only problem is that MR Pena is in his way at that weight. I believe one of these guys will move up to 157 and both will be out there next year. RJ could also redshirt if he wanted to. Which might leave an opening for Dickey, Perisini, or Brascetta.

165 lbs will have 4 competitors for Dan's position next year at the least. Dan's brother Jon will be a senior and is wrestling pretty well right now. Ryan Smith may return next year, which would immediately put him in the running. Cody Weishoff wrestled as a starter last year quite a few times. John Tuck is a true freshman that is also very talented. He will contend for the position. I don't see any drop off at this weight next year.

One thing people will realize as they examine this team, it has a lot of depth at most weight classes. That makes good wrestlers even better as the competition continues to improve in the room. I don't think you will see OSU forfeit too many weight classes in the future. There will always be a quality backup lying in wait.

I would love to see what Pena is capable of the year after next if he takes a RS year. I was actually really surprised that he did not take one this year. I could definitely see him at 157, especially if he takes a RS year to bulk up a bit. He could be a real monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.