Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun Fact

Default Fun Fact

Minnesota is 5-4 on the year in duals, all four losses have come to the top 4 teams in the country. Talk about a strong schedule..
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: Fun Fact

Read that yesterday too...I think its advantageous as now they know what they have to do to beat those teams. Had they had a Geiger, a Deitchler and a Mason in the line-up the whole year, I think they could be right there with all of them.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I would tend to agree... I dont know if the Gofers are going to win a title with this cycle of frosh they have, but they are definitely out of the gutter from last year when Sanders and Ness were the only bright spots.

I've been watching some footage lately and I've been really impressed with Thorns improvement. I got my panties in a bunch because of how absurdly overranked he was this year compared to his actual results, but it really looks like he's turned into a legit top 10 guy. He's 15-3 with Losses to the #1, #3, and #5 guys, all by close margins. I could see him on the podium this year.

THat being said.. he was 17-1 at this point last year with a win over the defending champ, and he manged to finish the season 13-16 and look pretty mediocore for most of it. Hopefully he keeps up his strong start
    Gold is an idiot.

I have been VERY dissapointed with Big Ben this year though... after the consistent improvement he showed his first few years, I thought he'd be making the jump up to AA contender. Instead it looks like he's actually gotten worse from last year
    Gold is an idiot.

For what its worth he's got a big knee pad/brace on one of his legs and was gimping pretty good on it a few times during matches on the National Duals webcast.

For a heavyweight who isn't that big and relies so much on activity from the feet like Berhow that can be quite the hinderance.

His results since the Scuffle have been disappointing but it was only a month ago that he took Rosholt to OT, and finally knocked off Tucker Lane.

Fun Fact: The hawks just won national duals with 4 starters out.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Fun Fact: If Minnesota still had Mason, Deitchler, Geiger and Disney around, Iowa would not be the #1 team in the nation. Alas, if if's and but's were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas it would have been. Since they don't, Iowa is clearly the #1 team.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Fun Fact: If Minnesota still had Mason, Deitchler, Geiger and Disney around, Iowa would not be the #1 team in the nation. Alas, if if's and but's were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas it would have been. Since they don't, Iowa is clearly the #1 team.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Last I checked Mason was still around, and adding those guys would NOT make you the #1 team in the nation. And keeping guys like Geiger and Disney is what makes it possible to be the #1 team. If your coach cant keep those guys around and if you don't have solid back ups for situations like Deitchlers then you arent the #1 team and never were, even with those guys.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Keep laughing, when that banged up Iowa team goes in to NCAA's with that line-up, I don't like their chances to win it all. You are right about the program though losing guys like Geiger and Disney. That is pretty telling of something.