Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Troy Nickerson through??

Default Is Troy Nickerson through??

Why is he ranked #1 when he's only wrestled once or twice this season? I can't imagine his shoulder is fully healed.

Default Re: Is Troy Nickerson through??

Shoulder joints are the worst injuries a wrestler can sustain. That was the 2nd surgery for TNick. Ordinarily there should be at least 6 months of inactivity on the shoulder to allow it to heal and then time to stretch the surgical scarring. The time table would have put his rehab to start in November - that's rehab, not full, outright wrestling.

Also, he is definately cutting to return to 125. It's likely he's cutting some muscle mass to get there and that's not a good thing when you are trying to rehab the shoulder structure.

I think he came back too early. I didn't expect to see him back on the mat until mid-late January. Hopefully, he didn't do too much damage.

There is so much torque put on the shoulder in wrestling it's difficult to return after a 2nd surgery. In fact, yes he may be done, but I think we'll see him come back sometime in February for some conditioning for March.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

He looked fine at the Scuffle even though he didn't have a super tough draw but your shoulder popping out pulling off a Russian tie isn't a good sign. When I interviewed Koll I asked him about coming back to soon he said it was a weight issue not a health issue. I'm sure the Cornell trainers prolly know what their doing. Its Cornell for god sakes. I don't' expect any press releases speaking about how bad or good the situation is anytime soon.
    John Smith wears women's underpants!

I don't know exactly what is wrong with TNick's shoulder but I had some serious shoulder problems during my wrestling career. It takes a lot of time to heal properly and even then it's often times not truly healed.

The biggest bummer about all this is that there's a very good chance we won't see him wrestle freestyle. If fully healthy and able to make 121, he could be one of the best in the world...

Pretty sure they said were it NCAA's he would have kept wrestling after popping the shoulder back in, so while its obviously bad whenever you dislocate a shoulder it doesn't appear to have been any worse than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Pretty sure they said were it NCAA's he would have kept wrestling after popping the shoulder back in, so while its obviously bad whenever you dislocate a shoulder it doesn't appear to have been any worse than it already is.
    yes, that's exactly what they said... and right after the match he was walking around just with ice on it. Wasn't being worked on by the trainer or rushed off for x-ray or anything.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

TNICK is well beyond the point of no return as far as his shoulder ever being ''RIGHT'' again in this lifetime . The NEXT step if he hurts it again will be NOTHING or another surgery and pain meds -IF he has private insurance they may replace it but doubtful-I still remember the day my Surgeon walked in and told me Western Medicine had failed me and put me on Fentanyl patches and Oxycontin -I could not think for 3 years and the pain got worse and they increased the drugs-finally I had it replaced but I have almost NO usage of my right arm and am still in moderate pain -
    if I were Tnick I'd walk away now and say my body gave out -which is the truth .

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I wrestled a guy like that once... he dropped to the mat and the refs were all over me, thought I had gone for his eye or something, he said "don't worry my shoulder just popped out", jammed it back in and was ready to go.

Shoulder injuries suck.