Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stalling or Not?

World Champ

Default Re: Stalling or Not?

Hey, I take walking on Mars seriously, so watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    If this is found to be true, I want a retroactive stalling call against Esposito for being able to ride me for 2 minutes without breaking a sweat. :P He never turned me, but was obviously the superior wrestler on top.. lol

Just so we're clear, are we debating whether the stalling call should be assessed on the superstar or the underdog?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Just so we're clear, are we debating whether the stalling call should be assessed on the superstar or the underdog?
    I was under the assumption the superstar should be called for stalling because he is the one who is controlling the action.

World Champ

I was under the assumption the superstar should be called for stalling because he is the one who is controlling the action.
    That's just silly, unless he's not trying to score, then isn't it double stalling if no one is trying to score?.

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    That's just silly, unless he's not trying to score, then isn't it double stalling if no one is trying to score?.
    So you think the guy who is inferior on Bottom or on the feet and is not scoring should be called for stalling because the other guy, who is historically much better, can't score?

So you think the guy who is inferior on Bottom or on the feet and is not scoring should be called for stalling because the other guy, who is historically much better, can't score?
    That, by my understanding, was Wiltz's question. Or at least close to it. I could be wrong, though; that's why I asked for clarification.

My interpretation was this: If Wrestler B (average wrestler) is unable to create any action because all he has time to do is try to foil Wrestler A's (superstar) relentless dominance from manifesting into points, should Wrestler B be called for stalling?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    That, by my understanding, was Wiltz's question. Or at least close to it. I could be wrong, though; that's why I asked for clarification.

My interpretation was this: If Wrestler B (average wrestler) is unable to create any action because all he has time to do is try to foil Wrestler A's (superstar) relentless dominance from manifesting into points, should Wrestler B be called for stalling?

Yeah.. and to your question, I'd have to say he is doing a great job of just not being turned or taken down. Not that that is what Mueller was doing, because he was probably just trying to prevent a major, tech, or fall, but in general if you're out there actually stopping Wrestler "A" from doing his normal thing nobody should be called... "B" should just be praised for not letting it get too ugly.

Yeah.. and to your question, I'd have to say he is doing a great job of just not being turned or taken down. Not that that is what Mueller was doing, because he was probably just trying to prevent a major, tech, or fall, but in general if you're out there actually stopping Wrestler "A" from doing his normal thing nobody should be called... "B" should just be praised for not letting it get too ugly.
    This is pretty much what I was trying to say in my first post...

If the inferrior wrestler was trying his hardest but was unable to get to his offense because the better wrestler was on his offense the whole time the inferrior wrestler should be hit with stalling. It shouldnt matter the reason he is not on his offense, just that he is not on offense. And if the superior wrestler is causing the inferrior wrestler to back up because of his offense the inferrior wrestler should be hit with stalling. To make the other wrestler stall can actually be part of the superior wrestlers offense.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09