Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Metcalf's "Jerkin" Gesture?

Default Re: Metcalf's "Jerkin" Gesture?

It's a non issue on both sides - it's the finals of the National Duals and people are allowed to show emotions. Ditto with Thorn, why harp on this stuff and make negative blanket statements about teams/schools/states/coaches etc because a wrestler showed couple seconds of excitement after winning a match?

The thing I find most disturbing is that so many people on the Hawkeye Report used "of" when they meant "have." Other than that, an ISU/Iowa dual was heated. Water's wet, sky blue.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    This thread si becoming uncomfortable. All this talk of masturbation and putting things in people's mouths. Yeesh.
    Did JensenS put those words into your mouth, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    why harp on this stuff and make negative blanket statements about teams/schools/states/coaches etc because a wrestler showed couple seconds of excitement after winning a match?
    Where was that post?

If your talking about Metcalf, I hardly think he was showing excitement. More like frustration.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    If your talking about Metcalf, I hardly think he was showing excitement. More like frustration.
    I think it's kind of silly when people get worked up over an obviously less talented wrestler stalling or wrestling defensively in a match. If you're outgunned (like Mueller vs Metcalf) then slowing the match down is often the smart way to wrestle. It's when guys who are heavy favorites tone down their offense that fans should get frustrated.

Saw it live and it was an unfortunate gesture, nothing more cringe-worthy than seeing the grandfather next to us try to work around his grandson asking why the Iowa fans around us were laughing and recreating the motion.

I'm not gonna harp on it as it made the local news replay (they didn't address it) and was visible real quick on the video. I hated hearing about how perfect Tim Tebow was, but I think our sports superstar could take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    I think it's kind of silly when people get worked up over an obviously less talented wrestler stalling or wrestling defensively in a match. If you're outgunned (like Mueller vs Metcalf) then slowing the match down is often the smart way to wrestle. It's when guys who are heavy favorites tone down their offense that fans should get frustrated.
    I don't think it's that they stall so much as the fact that refs let them. The rule is there to prevent people from stalling out.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I don't think it's that they stall so much as the fact that refs let them. The rule is there to prevent people from stalling out.
    Agreed, Zapp. It's an officiating problem.