Thread: January 5 Intermat Rankings Released

Default January 5 Intermat Rankings Released

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/125

Lots of interesting results in the last couple weeks, and lots of shakeups in these rankings.

Notes:
    125: Esco is the new #1. McD is up to #4. Andrew Long makes a huge jump to #5 after pinning Precin. I'm a little surprised Robles is still #3, but I'm OK letting a frosh earn his way up the rankings. Garnett is down to #16, and Jason Lara enters the rankings at #17.

133: Tyler Graff jumps ahead of Jordan Oliver. Fanthorpe and Sentes are now #8 and 9, respectively.

141: Drouin is down to #17 and I can't really disagree with it. Nauman is also hurting at #19.

149: Kyle Borshoff falls from #3 to #12. That seems a bit dramatic, but I always felt he was sort of a weak #3--not much I could say when I beat Palmer, though.

157: Moley and Pami are now at #9 and 10. Ohioan Jesse Dong is now in AA striking range at #7. At first I thought Thomas Scotton seemed grossly overranked at #4, but as I look at it I see he has quality wins over Dong, Pami, Fittery, Erisman, Saddoris, and Kinser. Pretty good resume.

165: Howe ceases his opportunity to take the #1 ranking for the first time in his career. Schlatter uses a big week with wins over Kerber, Brown, and Reader to move up to #2. I wonder if a win over King (which would have been possible if King made the finals of the Scuffle) would have moved him back to #1?

174: After losing to Rella and Glasser, Patrovich takes a huge fall from #10 to #20. Rella is now #19, Glasser #13.

184: At this point, ranking this weight class is like throwing mud at a wall and hoping it sticks (is that a valid expression?). As an Ohio guy I don't really see why Keddy is ahead of Pucillo, but it's anyone's guess at this weight class. Dergo has to be near the top of the list for most improved this year.

285: Steele up to #9. Jarrod Trice up to #4.

Default Re: January 5 Intermat Rankings Released

I don't understand Krom at #8 after dominating Midlands.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

I don't get Dake not leap frogging over the Oklahoma guys after they both took losses this weekend and Dake won the Scuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I don't get Dake not leap frogging over the Oklahoma guys after they both took losses this weekend and Dake won the Scuffle.
    Intermat is an enigma designed to make your brain hurt.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Congratulations, Kyle Dake. You won the Scuffle by giving up 0 points until the final. And Intermat moves you DOWN a spot to #6 despite 2 guys ahead of you losing. Makes sense.

I think Parks and Bailey have compromising photos of Earl and Intermat people ...Parks loses and Bailey gets stuck but they seem cemented in their ranks .

Salazar went 8-3 and placed 8th at the Midlands and dropped from 11 to 24 .He lost to Harrison twice and Jake D once .21-6 over all and drops 13 spots ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    http://www.intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/125

Lots of interesting results in the last couple weeks, and lots of shakeups in these rankings.

133: Tyler Graff jumps ahead of Jordan Oliver. Fanthorpe and Sentes are now #8 and 9, respectively.
    Graff might be scary good soon. Oliver beat him at the Dapper Dan, but it looks like Graff may have improved more than Oliver thus far. As Jensens alluded to, it may be that JO is pulling too much weight though.