Thread: Pucillo?

Default Pucillo?

Does anyone know what the story is?

Default Re: Pucillo?

Yeah, Jake Herbert spanked him last year!

Quote Originally Posted by halfdozen View Post
    Does anyone know what the story is?
    Could you be less vague?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Accident prior to last year's NCAAs destroyed his hand. Still recovering. Has about 60% of his former grip, at this point, is what I have read.

Wrestled Herbert with great courage, his hand wrapped and unusable, in last year's final.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

I don't know how much the hand is affecting his performance. 60% seems like a rather low estimate of his grip strength. I'd suspect that it is closer to 80-90%. As I mentioned on another forum, I suspect that the time off recovering from the surgery in the off season is more to blame. However, the farther we get into the season the closer he should get to his former level of performance. Time will certainly tell.
    "There are those who celebrate "peace" no matter what the cost, yet reject war no matter what the benefit. Such persons should not be entrusted in matters of national security. Peace should be defined - not as the absence of conflict, but rather, the absence of conflict in the context of true liberty." Jointdoc55, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Jointdoc55 View Post
    I don't know how much the hand is affecting his performance. 60% seems like a rather low estimate of his grip strength. I'd suspect that it is closer to 80-90%. As I mentioned on another forum, I suspect that the time off recovering from the surgery in the off season is more to blame. However, the farther we get into the season the closer he should get to his former level of performance. Time will certainly tell.
    I'm sure I read that, maybe a month back. Local forum, either an interview with one of the coaches or an article by Schlosser. The impression I got was that the hand did affect his performance, but maybe it was time off for rehab, as you say.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    Accident prior to last year's NCAAs destroyed his hand. Still recovering. Has about 60% of his former grip, at this point, is what I have read.

Wrestled Herbert with great courage, his hand wrapped and unusable, in last year's final.
    Thanks. He didn't wrestle at all last weekend and I haven't been able to find out anything.

Look for Bosak (Cornell) to give him a tough match in the quarter-finals on Sat. Could tip the match to Cornell.