Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Midlands Wrestling Tournament: Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: 2009 Midlands Wrestling Tournament: Predictions/Discussion

I hope this tournament settles the spot at 141 for Iowa. Should be very interesting. I think Marion will end up with the top spot for Iowa in this tournament and cement his position as the 141lber. Although this could potentially be LeClere and Slatons last collegiate tournaments as members of the Hawkeye team. If they go down I hope it's with both guns blazing. If so, they have a better chance than most to place very high.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I would be surprised if all the iowa 41s dont place with at least 1 finalist.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

If these seeds stay the same -Marion will face Kennedy in the qtrs , and LeClere and Slaton will face each other in the semis-Marion will have to face Kennedy then Krom to make the finals -Is Gallick done ?? He looked BAD leaving the mat against Iowa -
    I like Naumann -he is 16-1 ?? and just throttled Prater 16-0
    If you held a gun to my head I'd say Naumann/Slaton finals -then again i'd probably just tell you to shoot me .

dont see any way Kennedy fails to make the finals..

Unless he has just been eating cheetos and goofing off this year he is considerably better then the rest of the field, I dont think Slaton's head is in it anymore.

I would assume Gallick is still being rested and will wrestle 2nd semester. He looked absolutely awful against Leclere and it was obvious he wasn't in mat-shape, so they probably dont want to put him through a meat-grinder like Midlands so soon.
    Gold is an idiot.

He looked like he was in bad shape from both injuries and conditioning .nO way he can wrestle a 2 day tournament -157 is WIDE OPEN with no JP-and he will NOT be there .

I'm still of the opinion that Marion will be the guy at the end of the day for Iowa come Nationals.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    dont see any way Kennedy fails to make the finals..

Unless he has just been eating cheetos and goofing off this year he is considerably better then the rest of the field, I dont think Slaton's head is in it anymore.

I would assume Gallick is still being rested and will wrestle 2nd semester. He looked absolutely awful against Leclere and it was obvious he wasn't in mat-shape, so they probably dont want to put him through a meat-grinder like Midlands so soon.

Slaton is ready to go. Be very surprised if Kennedy makes it. I see an all Iowa final at 141.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that Marion will be the guy at the end of the day for Iowa come Nationals.

Having talked with some guys on the team recently. Joey is ready. He is gamer and I expect him to give a good showing at the Midlands.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Could one say you expect him to swoop in and steal victory away from the rest of the 141 pound field?