Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strangest Named Wrestler You Lost Too

Default Strangest Named Wrestler You Lost Too

On another thread, there was discussion about Brantley losing to Bugenhausen. I thought, hmmm, what is the strangest named wrestler I had ever lost to. It was easy, Phit Phong Souvanarith.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Strangest Named Wrestler You Lost Too

Chrys Fijhiayrlye I had to go get an old bracket to double check the spelling. It was pronounced Chris Farley. I only lost to him once, it was my first ever freestyle match and I lost 10-0 (teched)

World Champ

Smith

I think Smith is saying, "Dindermann".
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I think Smith is saying, "Dindermann".
    Just one "n," which is stranger yet.
    He might be saying that, even including all those Czech names in C.R. (Zalesky, etc.) Not everyone in Iowa has a name like Ironside or Brands ...

And actually, I didn't lose "too." I lost "fourr."

I dont know how to spell it but it was something like Khilastadus. I've forgotten his first name but I remember splitting closes matches with him. Felt fortunate to keep them close.

I didn't lose to him, but I gave up several points to an Afrikaans guy named "Wimpie".

Petrov Pupkin - Back in Jrs he caught me in what he called the Reverse Koshninski. Split me up like a pretzel, a move I had not seen or heard of before. He taught the entire team how to throw it from various positions. We had one dual where 10 of us hit it on the competition and freaked them out. Only later on did I learn the American version - The Spladdle.
    Last edited by RYou; 12-18-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Good God almighty, are you guys all from that whitebread of areas that mildly ethnic names are weird to you? Haven't seen a weird name, just Russian, Greek, Polish and Vietnamese.