Thread: Ben Berhow, Minnesota, Jr, 285, Big Ten Wrestler of the Week

Default Ben Berhow, Minnesota, Jr, 285, Big Ten Wrestler of the Week

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/honors/index.asp

Gopher fans & Bernhow fans rejoice....

Default Re: Ben Berhow, Minnesota, Jr, 285, Big Ten Wrestler of the Week

Amazing what happens when you decide to crank up the offense a little. I've never been a big Berhow fan....but with shadow cast by Cole, Nord's athletic potential, and Disney getting recruited, I considered him a 1-2 year bridge back to "Heavyweight U."

That obviously isn't fair to Ben and I left the Nebraska dual completely changing my tune on Ben (for a little while at least). He wrestled with a lot of fire and you could tell this was a match he wanted to win more than anything. It's his signature win to this point of his career and given he seemed to give Rosholt a little trouble, maybe we're seeing the side of Ben that will prove beneficial come tournament time. It sure seemed like he's getting coached to follow through on his shots & his really effective single leg attacks vs. the fake shot & head tie. He did a fake shot early and Lane countered so effectively it HAD to have been coached & prepared for.

He needs to stick with shooting the low singles that he converted against both Rosholt and Lane and stay away from shooting high crotches especially against good guys.

His high crotch against good guys is AWFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    He needs to stick with shooting the low singles that he converted against both Rosholt and Lane and stay away from shooting high crotches especially against good guys.

His high crotch against good guys is AWFUL.
    I disagree, I think his high crotch is an effective tactic against top level guys. It lulls them into a false sense of security when they are able to easily pancake him and score off a go behind. Then he catches them off guard for the win
    Gold is an idiot.

I see what you did there...