Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recent downtime

Default Re: Recent downtime

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    ur site stinksz
    When you find a wrestling network larger, you come let me know.

oh... wait.. it doesn't exist.

It's easy to keep a site online when it's on a shared host and receiving 3,500 visitors a day. The TWT Wrestling Network receives over 20k unique visitors per day and that only accounts for about 10% of the traffic running through the server. No other wrestling site in the world deals with this much traffic.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 11-30-2009 at 05:25 PM.

how come the forums are so mmuch smaller then?
    Gold is an idiot.

Don't waste your time arguing with a moron, he'll probably just drag you down to his level.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    how come the forums are so mmuch smaller then?
    Because TheWrestlingTalk.com isn't a just a forum. You may be used to coming to the site for that, but about 95% of the traffic to TWT or HSWrestling.Net does not post on the forum and about 60% never even access the main forums.

Traffic does not equal posting. Our excellent moderators provide everything the poster would otherwise have to ask for.

I wouldn't have it any other way for reasons I won't explain.. (no need to provide the competition out there any help) :P

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Don't waste your time arguing with a moron, he'll probably just drag you down to his level.
    hahaha, I don't think he's a moron.. misinformed, sure, but not a moron.

His question may have been posted to provoke irritation, but if he knew everything I did we wouldn't have these questions to entertain ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Because TheWrestlingTalk.com isn't a just a forum. You may be used to coming to the site for that, but about 95% of the traffic to TWT or HSWrestling.Net does not post on the forum and about 60% never even access the main forums.

Traffic does not equal posting. Our excellent moderators provide everything the poster would otherwise have to ask for.

I wouldn't have it any other way for reasons I won't explain.. (no need to provide the competition out there any help) :P
    you mean outside the MMA forum, right?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Im no Moran!!
    Gold is an idiot.

OK... so here is what is happening / has happened.

The issue stemmed from a typo by one of the low level techs at One Planet that caused the server (and a bunch of others) to go goofy.

After he made the error his shift ended and the mess was left with someone else to clean up. Not fully understanding the issue, the tech apparently attempted to solve it with the error still there which is what caused/is causing the server instability.

Now they have assigned what they called their best admin to fix the issue.

I'm really sorry for the down time and we are doing our best from this end to get it going again... most of the problem solving is out of my hands, however, so it's not going as quickly as I would have liked.

you're killing me Smalls!!!!!
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com