Thread: After a rugged life, Central College matman "the happiest 0-2 wrestler in Pella"

Default After a rugged life, Central College matman "the happiest 0-2 wrestler in Pella"

Meet Palmer Scott, 6'3" 157-pound wrestler at Central College in Pella, Iowa, described in a profile by Sean Keeler for The Sunday Des Moines Register as "the happiest 0-2 wrestler in Pella."

"Quick summary of my life," Palmer says, then takes a deep breath. "Actually, when I was younger, my biological father, when I was 5, he told me I was worthless. And my friends and teachers said I wasn't going to amount to anything.

"And I started believing them. I went into a deep depression. Got into a lot of fights in middle school. Tried to commit suicide 10 times. Was in and out of mental institutions and hospitals. But all the stuff that I went through happened for a reason. I wouldn't change it for the world."

To read this inspiring article... http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...e&theme=KEELER

World Champ

Default Re: After a rugged life, Central College matman "the happiest 0-2 wrestler in Pella"

Awesome. That's what wrestling is all about.
    Thanks, Mark.

Wrestling can't save the world, but it can save someone's life. And sometimes, that's all it takes.