Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Minnesota v. Cal-State Bakersfield Results/Discussion

Default Re: Minnesota v. Cal-State Bakersfield Results/Discussion

I was close enough to hear the coaches the whole match and they were calling it a scoop
    Gold is an idiot.

Just checked in to the hotel room in Clear Lake, Iowa after catching the match tonight...gotta love a job that brings me to "The Evil Empire" of Iowa on weekends. Wore my Maroon & Gold walking in do the dismay of a wedding party here at the hotel.

Jensen's synopsis was excellent as always and was just going to throw a couple add-on's I saw at the match:

Sanders: He seems to be wrestling a bit "chippy" to steal a previous post's term. It's chippy in the best possible way too. Not that his opponent was all that intimidating, but Zach immediately made it known that this was his mat and he doesn't treat visitors kindly. There may not be a funner wrestler to watch (except for Ness when he's in top position).

Ness: Never looked bothered by giving up the early TD and as he started lifting the legs with the half locked in, I almost knocked the guy next to me over while jumping up...sorry if it's a poster!!

Thorn: He is funky and a brawler which can be a lethal combination when it's clicking. He damn near got bent in half backwards while in a scramble and the ref did a tremendous job jumping in to stop it from getting worse.

Mellmer: Looked solid in a fill in role, good job!

Grygelcko: Wrestled well early and gritted it out. Looked like he got hurt during a scramble early in the 3rd and gutted it out. Yelled out during the match but the ref didn't stop in and he limped off after. He looks huge compared to last year with no cutting to 149.

Peterson: Just a tough spot for him to be in, but he looks rather robotic in his motions compared to the others.

Cody: House of fire early and funky tilts. Limited gas tank it seemed.

Sonny: He seems wholely bigger and is a brute when he gets the legs in. Now that he appears completely healthy, my continuous hyping of him the last few seasons will be justified to those who would listen.

Nord: Dude's a specimin but his gas tank looks limited...maybe the cut is getting him now and will improve as the season goes forward

Berhow: FINISH A SHOT, PLEASE!!! I really want to like Berhow, but he will never commit to completing a move on his feet. That said; the size, quickness, and mat sense of the CSB heavyweight was impressive and it would have been tough for Ben to pull this one out. Not as close as the score indicated.

The greatest time of year is upon us...looking forward to a fun season.

That was a very good stoppage during the Thorn match. I thought the reffing was excellent all around
    Gold is an idiot.

The ''blog'' went from 7-1 to 9-1 w/out mentioning the stall point -I've never seen Nacita stall so that surprised me -as funky as Nacita is it s hard to believe he only scored one point . Kudos to Thorn .

why is trevor hall at 174?

My recap is finally up

http://news.theopenmat.com/?p=6349
    Gold is an idiot.

I'm seeing errors just reading through it but unfortunately I do not have an editor to look at it before I submit it, nor do I have the ability yet to edit my own blog posts

-.-

Something I'm going to have to talk to some people about
    Gold is an idiot.