Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

I actually agree with minnEsota...his style is just not the same...he used to attack and counter-attack for seven minutes...now I think he is looking for the counter attack too much. He is going to have to "press" his opponents. Champions do that.

He seemed to wrestle to win as a frosh. He went balls to the wall and intimidated people because he could score so quickly. Starting his Soph year, he seemed to wrestle not to lose, wrestled defensively and slowed down. I think that he just made Howe the favorite at 165.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

It was also his first folkstyle match in what, a year?

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    He seemed to wrestle to win as a frosh. He went balls to the wall and intimidated people because he could score so quickly. Starting his Soph year, he seemed to wrestle not to lose, wrestled defensively and slowed down. I think that he just made Howe the favorite at 165.
    Or Jarrod King. King has looked good this year...

What the crap Schlatter? I didn't think it was possible for a wrestler to get progessively worse every year... Schlatter looked good as a freestyler, and now he's losing again, hey? Weird. (BTW how good is Meade? I don't follow NCAA too closely)

Meade was a very highly touted recruit and he's had a strong start to his freshman year. He did lose a match to Mizzou's backup, though.

It's going to be amazing if both Schatter and Metcalf end their careers as one-timers. I though DS had about a 80% chance of being a four-timer after he won his freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    In that tournament he also shut out Howe (165's runner up) with 2 TDs... I think that "legitimized" the ranking some.
    And michael martinez beat Sanders twice this summer. I put no stock into freestyle results for the most part.

I mean seriously Obe Blanc(didnt even AA last year) made the u.s. open finals.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Point being, freestyle is very different than folkstyle and suits different people in different ways.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.