Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: #1 Iowa v. #2 Iowa State Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #1 Iowa v. #2 Iowa State Predictions/Discussion

ISU still loses because they are less aggressive and Iowa has Dan Erekson at HWT.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Resident Geneyus
    Intersection of Headlock and Lateral Drop

Wow with close matches at 33, 41, 57, 65, 84, HWT this one could go either way if they tangle again. I would have to say Iowa is the odds on favorite to win but it could be another nailbiter. With Cyler I think ISU would have won this meet. Did Cael leave too early?
    Those of you who think you know it all really annoy those of us who actually do ;)

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by maroon-n-gold View Post
    I don't have time to read thru the whole thread to see if anyone has asked this.... so forgive me if it's a repeat.... How does this meet turn out with Sanderson still at the helm at ISU and more impportantly Cyler still wrestling there?
    Cyler still there probably would have made the Clones a winner last Sunday, assuming Erekson is injured. However, KJ and his assistants are improving the team overall this year, so Sanderson at the helm may not have been a factor. Ward and Reader, in particular, have improved. Hopefully, ISU, Cael, and KJ all made good choices this last year. At least, I think that ISU and KJ have.

Quote Originally Posted by maroon-n-gold View Post
    Wow with close matches at 33, 41, 57, 65, 84, HWT this one could go either way if they tangle again. I would have to say Iowa is the odds on favorite to win but it could be another nailbiter. With Cyler I think ISU would have won this meet. Did Cael leave too early?
    Sorry to dig up an oooold thread, but I just had to interject here. With Cyler, I think ISU wins... with KJ as coach. With Cael, I don't think Ward gets the upset, and I don't think everyone wrestles as hard as they did. Cyler leaving hurt more than Cael did, IMO. I'm still bitter about him leaving though.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    Cyler leaving hurt more than Cael did, IMO. I'm still bitter about him leaving though.
    I think you're right. Don't be bitter, though. KJ's giving you a great upside and a mighty strong team.