Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: InterMat profile: Lehigh's David Craig

Default InterMat profile: Lehigh's David Craig

Gone Fishin'
    It takes a certain amount of talent, work ethic, and most importantly, almost a single-minded devotion in order to survive -- let alone thrive -- in today's major college wrestling landscape. Lehigh's David Craig has two of these three. But by the end of the season, Craig, who was the nation's No. 1 recruit in 2006, will walk away from the sport without burden or regrets. InterMat's Bill Hupp explores Craig's complicated relationship with the sport of wrestling.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 11-25-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: No premium content links.

Default Re: InterMat profile: Lehigh's David Craig

I'd comment on the article, but that would require I pay money for something every other wrestling site offers for free.
    Gold is an idiot.

Awesome story! Some very interesting quotes. A true look into what's in the kid's heart. I love this quote: "I asked him about what he'd do if his son wants to get into wrestling," Kounoupis recalls. "And he told me he'll say, 'Wrestling, what's that?' He said there's no way he's going to let his kid wrestle, and that he'll do everything he can to talk him out of it."

It makes me want to root for him after reading that story. Lost, let me know where you can find another kick a$$ article like that. Aside from WIN Magazine, I haven't been able to find wrestling journalism like that anywhere. I happily pay for Intermat and WIN and think both are worth every penny. If there is another wrestling subscription (online or printed) I can purchase with articles like that, let me know and I will happily fork over the money.

Sometimes people are just cheap. Obviously too much oney to pay, but he is the person argiuing in the grocery store about a bad cake after he has eaten the whole thing minus 1/2 of a piece. Really seems like some good work to me and worth the money. A hell of an article.

It was a damn fine article by our man "Anonymous" ... Old Shammy and Grips and Homer know what I'm talking about.

LoSt,
    You aren't finding that feature anywhere else for free, brother. I guess $3 a month is too much to ask from the wrestling fans around the country.

That's the type of story people should pay to read, because Bill Hupp's story is probably his best that I've read from him in the past 3 years. It's a quality piece. If you don't read it, you're missing out, and that's your prerogative.

I've always found Hipps stuff to be quite insightful and usually goes beyond the surface of "wrestling". I will most likely subscribe for the year now knowing that article is there. The rankings? Not so much. LOL.

Funny that you say that because I think Intermat and D1CW have the best rankings. But they're all pretty comparable. No, I'm not saying that because Graff and Brandvold are the highest in Intermat's rankings. I do think Oliver and Meade might be too high, but we'll find that out soon. Other than that, I don't really see much I disagree with or that jumps out at me. I guess we just have a difference of opinion. As I said in another thread, it's way too early to get bent out of shape by rankings anyway.

*cough *Cough

Mike Thorn at #4...
    Gold is an idiot.

D1 has him at #7...like Lancers mentions the rankings are pretty comparable.