Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penn suspends Dragon, Grajales and Peterkin

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Re: Penn suspends Dragon, Grajales and Peterkin

Nah no fall. One of my favorite matches though.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Quote Originally Posted by NJFlofan View Post
    Great match! Watch the video carefully at the end. When Metcalf dives to catch the leg I think he pinned himself but the ref is out of position. I've watched it a couple times -- what do ya think?
    College - maybe. High school - no.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

a good friend of mine -Carl Gilbert -a teammate -was wailing on a kid in the sectional finals and threw in a guillotine and arched back and the ref called a fall-then when they shook hands the ref raised the other kids hand saying Carl had pinned himself -back in those days only the Sectional champs went on to regionals and there were no Tech falls-and Carl was ahead about 20 points . Carl dropped like he'd been shot .
    So one glory hound ref just about destroyed a kids life -Strange how life plays funny games -that Ref was scheduled to operate on my knee 10 years later and I cancelled the surgery .
    The Ref 's name was Shelbourne -became the Ortho surgeon for the Colts -a real big shot surgeon here in Indy but i'd die before I let him work on me -we tried for weeks to pin ourselves with that move and couldn't as the guys arm was always resting on our shoulders .
    You can look all this up i you want -but that one BS call cost Carl a ride to college .