Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

Krom and Bell are both leaving for California on Saturday with one of the assistants. McCoy joining them Sunday. No Body Bar.

Strange yet awesome that Maryland-Cornell is one of the biggest duals in the country this year, and a great way to really kick off the dual season. This is one of those weird match ups where everywhere it's strength on strength. People keep saying that bonus points will decide the match, but other than 125 I don't see where they would come from for either team. I guess that's the beauty of the sport.

I have never seen Dake wrestle, who would he be comparable to? I've heard he has a little bit of funk, and obviously a boatload of credentials. That match is a nice early season test for both wrestlers, and hopefully Alex properly welcomes him to college wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by rvr1406 View Post

I have never seen Dake wrestle, who would he be comparable to? I've heard he has a little bit of funk, and obviously a boatload of credentials. That match is a nice early season test for both wrestlers, and hopefully Alex properly welcomes him to college wrestling.
    The guy's long, lanky and scrappy. I think there's some pretty deceptive strength there as well. Lots of feints and blasts quick and hard when he attacks. Does have some funk I suppose but he seems to be more of a fundamentals kind of guy. Good fireman's. Hard to compare him to someone.

Online coverage:

Match-by-match text results: here

Live video ($6.95): subscribe here for pay-per-viewing of tonight's match only
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    did you decide to make the trip to NY this weekend, Terp?
    Just too much with work and the holidays coming up. Once I saw it was going to be streamed that made up my mind...
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Terp! I want that yellow shirt. Do you have the hook up? Tell me how much with a PM.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Terp! I want that yellow shirt. Do you have the hook up? Tell me how much with a PM.
    those are my shirts

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

the live video page shows a start time of 6:50 (instead of 6:30), starting weight 125

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Hell, Stardust has UA gear that I don't have! I can't even hook myself up!
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

video kicks in with 133 already halfway through the first period.

text updates show this for 125:

125 - Frank Perrelli (Cornell) vs. James Knox (Maryland)
    1st Period
    1:10 Stall Warning: Knox
    0:43 Takedown: Perrelli 2-0
    0:30 Escape: Knox 2-1
    0:07 Stall: Knox 3-1

2nd Period
    Perrelli chooses down
    1:37 Escape: Perrelli 4-1

3rd Period
    Knox chooses down
    1:51 Escape: Knox

Perrelli def. Knox, 4-1
    Cornell 3, Maryland 0