Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

There were no problems at all with Redcast last year, so this was really disappointing. Guess they can't handle wrestling, men's basketball and hockey on the Redcast at the same time ... or something.

Really excited about Dake and Lewnes. I've been hearing about the new and improved Mike Grey, but didn't see it tonight. Never expected Arnone to gas like that. Lots of mistakes for him tonight.

I liked Justin Kerber as the announcer. It would have been better for him to face Asper though, obviously.

Message I received from the Redcast people:

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this evening. We have been working with Cornell who was having issues with their network and server. Please note that all single game passes will be refunded for all three events this evening. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

ICS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
    I liked Justin Kerber as the announcer.
    I'll have to disagree on this one, lol. Hopefully he'll stick to the mat in the future
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
    I liked Justin Kerber as the announcer.
    I thought he did a pretty good job! Obviously they are going to lean toward the "home" team but they were more objective than most I've heard.

A counterpoint is that I'm disappointed in Krom's match because I think he shut down and tried to ride the lead, and I wouldn't have predicted a tech against Letts. But Bell looked really good, Hudson was on stage and the outcome was a result., and Gilmore is a guy who as shone in the spotlight in the past such as our unexpected win over Michigan two years ago.

It was a nice TEAM win for Maryland, probably one of the biggest wins in our program's history.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Looks like a VERY exciting match. I had some opportunites to get Dake in fantasy and am now a bit regretful.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingTerp View Post
    I thought he did a pretty good job! Obviously they are going to lean toward the "home" team but they were more objective than most I've heard.

A counterpoint is that I'm disappointed in Krom's match because I think he shut down and tried to ride the lead, and I wouldn't have predicted a tech against Letts. But Bell looked really good, Hudson was on stage and the outcome was a result., and Gilmore is a guy who as shone in the spotlight in the past such as our unexpected win over Michigan two years ago.

It was a nice TEAM win for Maryland, probably one of the biggest wins in our program's history.
    Congrats to Maryland - a very nice team win. Great performance by Gilmore at the end.
    Cam only lost by bonus points twice last year - once to Taylor by pin and once by MD. That really hurt obviously.
    Both teams will do well in March. Can't wait for the Big Red to get TNick and Kerber back.

[ame="http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235970-maryland-at-cornell/212968-174-lbs-mack-lewnes-cornell-v-mike-letts-maryland"]174 lbs Mack Lewnes Cornell v Mike Letts Maryland | Maryland At Cornell on Flowrestling[/ame]

I think the result was a result of letts not looking very good and Lewnes looking great. Mikes shots just looked awful here, especially the arms outstretched double he tried and got pancaked from. He also looked like a helpless little girl on the bottom.

Lewnes moves so fast and fluidly for a middleweight its damn uncanny. I dont think he'll put up Metcalfesque scores on all the top guys, but I dont see him being challenged this year.
    Gold is an idiot.

LoSt felt so strongly about it that he said it twice. That sounded like one hell of an exciting dual. Congrats to Maryland and Mr. McCoy.

Letts has apparently been practicing his Airplane double.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.