Page 99 of 176 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    The 157 final is up on flo. Dylan was up 4-1 and in on a shot when flemming locked up a cradle and stuck him
    Well, that makes me feel a little better....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post

197 - Justin Ortega - Really?
    He didn't have that bad of a tournament imho. His loss to Boley was closer than McIntosh's.

Personal bias coming through, I guess

Results from the Lehigh match are below. I didn't get to see any of the matches, but listed to most of it. A couple tidbits Jeff Byers threw out there:
    Taylor was sick? Or somehow having a rough day. he mentioned it in the pre-match, so it didn't sound like a cop out after the match. He commented that Taylor "gutted it out" for the team.
    McIntosh sprained his knee and wouldn't wrestle unless the team score was tight. It wasn't, so it seems that the coaches got to rest him.
    Martellotti might be eligible as early as the Lock Haven match, but would likely wrestle at least by the Southern Scuffle.

I'm really looking forward to getting Martellotti back. Anyone else have any thoughts on the match or updates?

125: #15 Nico Megaludis PSU dec. Mason Beckman LU, 4-0 3-0
    133: Chris Dinnien LU dec. Derek Reber PSU, 10-7 3-3
    141: Bryan Pearsall PSU maj. dec. Jimmy Carucci LU, 12-2 7-3
    149: #1 Frank Molinaro PSU maj. dec. Anthony Salupo LU, 14-3 11-3
    157: #10 Dylan Alton PSU maj. dec. Sean Bilodeau LU, 10-1 15-3
    165: #1 David Taylor PSU dec. #9 Brandon Hatchett LHU, 8-5 18-3
    174: #2 Ed Ruth PSU inj. def. Nathaniel Brown LU, (5:00, Ruth up 12-1) 24-3
    184: #1 Robert Hamlin LU dec. #5 Quentin Wright PSU, 8-3 24-6
    197: #7 Joe Kennedy LU dec. Justin Ortega PSU, 2-0 24-9
    285: #3 Zach Rey LU dec. #8 Cameron Wade PSU, 3-2 24-12

Pearsall starts off a nice treble of Majors!
    Have to be happy with Dyaln & Justin as well.

Derek & Quentin not sure to what to think with these performances at all.

I didn't see the match but followed it on twitter. Was surprised at how tough Hatchett wrestled Taylor. I saw Taylor was down 3-2 after one. He basically won the bout in the second period, but didn't pull away in the 3rd period. Normally Taylor wears people down, but he didn't outscore Hatchett in the 3rd. Last year Kemerer got his one good win over Hatchett. Any explanations on the closeness of that bout? Very happy to see D Alton dominate a reasonably good wrestler. Glad to see Megaludis do well against a good opponent as well.

Reber can't seem to get it together at this point. The big move he gave up in the first was just too much to recover from. I agree with Blueblood that it will be great to see Martellotti back. Hopefully he can be a top 15-20 wrestler at that weight and fill what's looking like a huge hole for the team. At this point, I don't know what we're going to get from 141. Coming into the season I thought Sherlock had the higher ceiling, but he too seems to be in a funk right now. Pearsall had a nice win against a mediocre opponent. I'm not going to get too concerned about Q just yet, but it sure would be nice to see more consistency from him!

Anyone else going today? I'm looking forward to a couple matches:
    125 Megaludis against Shane Young: Young has qualified twice and was 3x PIAA AA champ. He was ranked last year but I don't thnk he is this year. Should be a nice match - great if Meg can get bonus on him!
    141 Pearsall against (#19) Pennesi - Pearsall lost 10-5 last year, this should provide a chance to see how much Pearsall has improved over the last year. I wouldn't put money on Pearsall except on top. If he can get a TD or two, that would be a good sign.
    133 Reber against Johnston: I'd love to see Reber get something going here. I think a win would be really good for him (as Burnsie said).

So, I guess I am looking forward to the lightweights. If Wade can bonus or better, I think that would be good sign for his momentum. Gotta have something to look for in the upper weights...

QW's bout at 184 should be of interest. He wrestles Ryan who at #17 is the highest ranked WVU wrestler. With QW's struggles lately it will be interesting to see how he does with a ranked (but lower ranked) wrestler. Can he dominate? He needs to get some confidence back.

Page 99 of 176 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149 ... LastLast