Page 96 of 176 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I don't think either guy at 197 wrestled particularly well but you can't blame McIntosh for that. He's a true Frosh and Sonny didn't make an offensive shot until 6:45. Mc looks really strong. His legs are like tree stumps.

If Wade added 15 lbs of MUSCLE, I didn't see it. Nelson may give up 20 lbs on Wade but HE is the stronger of the 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Fifteen pounds of muscle? Really?

That score could have looked much worse if Minnesota didn't have to put Ortiz on the mat. The gophers had a tough weekend schedule with traveling to boot. Again, good job Gophers!
    Ok, ok MOSTLY muscle. Yea I could see it on TV vs Bloom & Minny. Then I asked so I know for a fact that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Your right about Mega and MM, they are win's bc they got on the mat and faced those #2 ranked seniors. That can't help but benefit them later.
    Not taking anything away from Minnesota, I have mad, mad respect for them. J Rob has assembled a nice squad and I can see them challenging for the B10 and NC this year. It's going to come down to MN, PSU, and that team of the past successes.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Ok, ok MOSTLY muscle. Yea I could see it on TV vs Bloom & Minny. Then I asked so I know for a fact that is the case.
    Sweet. If Wade put on 15 lbs of muscle then I'm pretty comfortable saying that I've put on ten lbs of muscle just drinking beer and sitting on my butt over the last few years. I'm flexing it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Not taking anything away from Minnesota, I have mad, mad respect for them. J Rob has assembled a nice squad and I can see them challenging for the B10 and NC this year. It's going to come down to MN, PSU, and that team of the past successes.
    You've got to count Ok St in there too.

If Penn State sends their starters the tourney looks like it would count.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I see Z Thomasseit is wrestling unattached. He's the only Pitt "starter" in the tourney that I can detect. I wonder if that means he's RS'ing this year?

Looks like 157 has maybe the most depth.

Could see Asper vs Taylor, Molinaro vs Vinson, Wade vs Gwiaz, lots of decent talent at 157 too. Any entry list for Penn St yet?