141 Sherlock WBD Rappo 10-0 PSU
    149 #1 Tank WBD Busler 13-0 PSU
    157 #16 D. Alton WBM #13 Hickman 17-0 PSU
    165 #1 DT WBF Harnett 23-0 PSU
    174 #2 Ed WBM #14 Dessino 27-0 PSU Clinches match
    184 #1 QW WBF Mirra 33-0 PSU
    197 MM WBD Perry 36-0 PSU
    285 #7 Wade WBF Walsh 42-0 PSU

Last year Martelotti beat Boylan, the PSAC Freshman of the year, 5-3. So this will be a good test for Nico. Boylan was a 3x NJ state champ, FILA Cadet Champ & A Super 32 champ.

Last Pearsall pinned Wilcox. I think Reber gets the major here if not better.

Last year Andrew Alton pinned Shingara. THis year Shingaga has moved up to 149. Matt Rappo is one of the Council Rock South Rappo brothers.

Last year English beat Busler 8-4. Tank should have no problem. Another 7 point win? Hopefully not but that's what I am calling now.

#13 Hickman is coming off a nice upset win over #9 Kyle John. He was a NQ last year & placed 2nd at the EWLs. DT tech falled him last year. On paper this should be a close match but my gut tells me that Dylan is going to come on like a storm & impress everyone.

Last year Kemerer eeked out a 3-2 win over Veltre. DT should have now problem putting Harnett away by the beginning of the 2nd period.

Last year Ed TFed Dessino. This year only by a major but Ed may pin him too. Dessino is a NQ.

Last year QW pinned Graham. I have no reason to think that history won't repeat itself.

Last year Perry beat Ortega for Bloom's only points. I think that MM will get the decision though Perry is capable of cracking in the top 25 IMO.

Last year Cam majored Walsh. This year I think he steps it up in front of the home town crowd.

last year PSU won 41-3 at Bloom. Sunday they will raise the banners & I think that this night Bloom will be hard pressed to score at all.

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Great preview. Thanks KR.

Good challenges for Nico, Dylan, and Morgan, their competition are not top tier guys, but certainly very good wrestlers.

My .02

125 - Boylan is not a 3x in NJ. he's from NJ originally, but went to HS in DE. Mark Grey beat him at Fila's this summer.

133 - Wilcox ain't bad. Don't see a reber MD here.

141- I like Sammie bonus here if he has his lungs.

149 - I like Busler. Not sure if he can hold it to a regular dec though.

157 - most intriguing bout, imo. Dylan all the way. But will be interesting to kind of gauge DA.

165 - DT

174 - Ed MD

184 - QW quickly

197 - MM reg decision, like 12-6.

HWT - Wade, but closer than you'd think. reg decision.

Anyone have an update on Andrew Long ? Is he still going to classes ? Transfering ?

Quote Originally Posted by dckundr View Post
    Anyone have an update on Andrew Long ? Is he still going to classes ? Transfering ?
    I don't know a great deal, but do know that he left PSU this summer and was last seen iback in the state of Iowa. Haven't heard word yet that he's transferred to another school. Haven't heard either if all of his legal problems have been cleared up either.

is psu all access going 2 show the bloomsburg match? its not posted on the upcoming live event feed.

congrats 2 the 6 champs at esu open!!!