Page 64 of 177 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Height restriction in basketball would be like telling a baseball pitch u cant throw over 90.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Height restriction in basketball would be like telling a baseball pitch u cant throw over 90.
    Which is why the Naval Academy job is so horrible.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Wait wait wait, so you guys are telling me, there is a HEIGHT restriction in BASKETBALL? the 1 and only thing that makes a basketball player useful??? What a dumb concept.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes2 View Post
    Wait wait wait, so you guys are telling me, there is a HEIGHT restriction in BASKETBALL? the 1 and only thing that makes a basketball player useful??? What a dumb concept.
    Only in the Naval Academy. Which makes the Naval Academy more of a dumb concept for a basketball player.

It's a great school, don't get me wrong, but not a place for an elite basketball player.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Is the NCAA the only option? Losing programs? Liberty & UNO? How many more times do we need to be kicked in the teeth before we realize that we are just putting up with bool$h!t....? Title IX? NWCA? The SEC actually used to have programs at LSU (Kevin Jackson no less at LSU was a FS AA until he transfered to ISU) Auburn & even Florida, (I am sure Brandon wishes they had one now!).

Anyways it isnt just something to bitch about in the off season. V brings up some good points...

The Future of College Wrestling: Is the NCAA the only option?

ALSO
    Recruiting: Intermat puts Penn State at #6
    Last edited by kr1963; 05-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.

The Air Force and Navy both have height restrictions. It's kind of hard to fit in either a submarine or a fighter jet when you are 7' tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    The Air Force and Navy both have height restrictions. It's kind of hard to fit in either a submarine or a fighter jet when you are 7' tall.
    Do they have weight restrictions? Offensive linemen can get pretty heavy and I would think it would be hard to fit in a sub or jet weighing 300+.

With the implosion of the Lakers this year, maybe Spanier can grab Phil Jackson!

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Do they have weight restrictions? Offensive linemen can get pretty heavy and I would think it would be hard to fit in a sub or jet weighing 300+.
    All academies (and branches of hte service) have weight restriction based on height. On paper, failing 2 ht/wt tests in a row will get you sent packing from the academies. They do have waivers for athletes at USMA (that I know of, probably the others as well), but here is where it gets fun - the linemen that keep their weight up for the team through the fall of senior year must then drop it all by the end of the spring to pass the ht/wt test. They are not allowed to graduate without making the weight.