Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,567 to 1,575 of 1606

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I think I heard one of the commentators say that McIntosh is not cutting any weight and might actually be a little under at times. Has anyone heard if he might drop to 184 next year? I don't mean to start a rumor, just wondering...
    I haven't heard anyone official say that McIntosh would/might go down to 184 next year, but have read a lot of speculation to that end. I think MM would be better at 184--but a big question is who do we put in at 197? Some are hoping that Tanner Hall comes back from mission and goes to PSU, but all of that seems to be total speculation/wishful thinking? at this point. Time will tell.

If not Hall, the options would seem to be Phipps, McCutcheon, or Steinmetz.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

None of whom are ideal for that weight in my opinion.

What are the thoughts in the following:

1) will Megaludis RS next year, and if he does...how much does that advance his chances of finally winning it all?
    2) will Nolf, Nikal and Nevils all RS next year?
    3) if Mega red-shirts, what are the chances Conaway AA's next year?
    4) will Retherford RS next year? Would it be smart for him to do so to avoid Steiber's last year of eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigdmd View Post
    What are the thoughts in the following:

1) will Megaludis RS next year, and if he does...how much does that advance his chances of finally winning it all?
    2) will Nolf, Nikal and Nevils all RS next year?
    3) if Mega red-shirts, what are the chances Conaway AA's next year?
    4) will Retherford RS next year? Would it be smart for him to do so to avoid Steiber's last year of eligibility?
    1. I've heard lots of rumors mentioning that Nico may redshirt. I don't know if a year off helps him or not. Delgado would be gone if he did, but Garrett, Clark/Gilman, Cruz, Tomasello, and Dance would still be around.
    2. I think they will all redshirt. If one did not, I'd think it would be Nolf. Any of them would really have to blow the competition in the room out of the water to crack the line-up.
    3. Conaway has an excellent shot at AA'ing at 125, in my opinion.
    4. I think Retherford redshirts if Nico does. I think he's the only wrestler with a shot of stopping Stieber.

I agree with Burnsie for the most part.

1. It sounds like Nico is at least giving serious thought to RSing, but nothing definite. What Burnsie said about competition--Delgado out of the picture in case of RS, but Nico's bigger problem has been Garrett who will still be around--unless he moves up to 133. Nico has so far handled all the other competition pretty well.
    2. I think all 3 will RS, again with Nolf being the one with a little possibility of starting--but I doubt it. A couple of big, related questions are: a) Will the Altons be able to return healthy and in form; b) will PSU give themselves the best shot at winning an NCAA title next year? Or will they RS and look for it the following year. If (and it's a big "if") the Altons can return to form then PSU can make a run at it next year. In that case I would think Nico and Zain wrestle next year to make a run along with Brown, McIntosh and others. IF the Altons aren't healthy/in form, then there's a real shot that Zain and Nico might RS, along with all the others.
    3. I think Conaway is a definite AA candidate when he gets the nod at 125--either 2015 or 2016 depending on what Nico decides.
    4. I think Zain has a shot at a 3-time NCAA champ if he RSs next year. I don't see Zain beating Stieber again. Zain beat Stieber the first time by riding him tough, wearing him down and getting the TD in OT. Stieber isn't going down again on Zain!! Stieber is just better than Zain on his feet (and everyone else as well!). Zain does as well as anyone getting out from Logan, but Stieber's neutral wrestling is just too tough. If PSU goes all out next year to try to win again--then I think Zain doesn't RS. If they want to build for the following years and give Zain the best shot at NCAA titles, then I think he RSs.

Everything I have heard about Nico is he believes he can win, and he plans on wrestling four years, then moving on to the business world and dominating there. He seems focused on doing very well in school and at least was not interested in staying an extra year.

Of course, he hasn't talked to me about it...

Here's a link to an article in Blue White Illustrated about the 2014 recruiting class. Some interesting comments by Nolf in particular I thought.

https://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1633710

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I haven't heard anyone official say that McIntosh would/might go down to 184 next year, but have read a lot of speculation to that end. I think MM would be better at 184--but a big question is who do we put in at 197? Some are hoping that Tanner Hall comes back from mission and goes to PSU, but all of that seems to be total speculation/wishful thinking? at this point. Time will tell.
    Sounds like right now they like McCutcheon at 184 (see link below). Incoming freshman Rasheed possibly at 165?

https://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1640921

Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165172173174175176177178 ... LastLast