Page 173 of 177 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,549 to 1,557 of 1585

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

It takes an Iowa guy to throw down the gauntlet to us Nittany Lions and we need to take it up! I've got another good suggestion. Let's have "Everything Iowa Wrestling", "Everything Minnesota Wrestling" and "Everything Ohio St Wrestling" threads too (and any other team that wants to take that on!). Also in honor of KR!

I would contribute to a thread like that for Iowa, however it takes more effort and sleepless nights than I am willing contibute to put anything together that would rival what Kr did in this thread.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Sounds like Beitz has the inside track on being the starter.

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/02/1...tz-moving.html

Also, a nice article about Macintosh.

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/02/1...-stronger.html

I like the way Beitz is wrestling, he's doing very well for a redshirt frosh. One thing though - is his name pronounced beats or bites? I know they've pronounced it as bites on the BTN but for some reason I thought it was beats.

On the local (State College, PA) radio broadcasts they also pronounce it "bites."

Someone once told me that it's the second letter in the "ie or ei" combination that gets pronounced. That was in response to me continuing to misspell Stieber.

Quote Originally Posted by psu1992 View Post
    On the local (State College, PA) radio broadcasts they also pronounce it "bites."
    That's the way I've always heard it ("bites"), and NOT the way I thought it would be pronounced. He's a really really great kid from all I've heard.

On side note on the decision for who to wrestle at 149 for PSU for the post-season--it had to have been an agonizing decision. I understand that both AA and English beat Beitz in the room. But both have battled injury problems this year. Beitz is a really hard worker. One question for the post-season is that it's possible that Beitz could win more matches than A Alton at the NCAA's, but A Alton could possibly gain more points if he got a draw that enabled him to get a couple of falls (championship & consys). I believe Thorn got quite a few points with falls in consys last year. The same could possibly have been true for AA. But I think Beitz is the right call for the rest of the season. I hope A Alton can have one season where he doesn't have gas tank issues (whatever the cause is) and we can see what he can do on he national stage (either that or reduce matches to 4 minutes!).

Can Beitz hold on to the spot at 149 for State Penn (that's for you Herkey)?
    Gingrich instead of Lawson?

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-penn-...,2758120.story

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    That's the way I've always heard it ("bites"), and NOT the way I thought it would be pronounced. He's a really really great kid from all I've heard.

On side note on the decision for who to wrestle at 149 for PSU for the post-season--it had to have been an agonizing decision. I understand that both AA and English beat Beitz in the room. But both have battled injury problems this year. Beitz is a really hard worker. One question for the post-season is that it's possible that Beitz could win more matches than A Alton at the NCAA's, but A Alton could possibly gain more points if he got a draw that enabled him to get a couple of falls (championship & consys). I believe Thorn got quite a few points with falls in consys last year. The same could possibly have been true for AA. But I think Beitz is the right call for the rest of the season. I hope A Alton can have one season where he doesn't have gas tank issues (whatever the cause is) and we can see what he can do on he national stage (either that or reduce matches to 4 minutes!).
    Alton did have one year like that, his freshman year. Thought he was going to be a multiple time champ at the time, man o man was he dangerous. When he pinned Dutton I remember being crazy impressed with his big game tools and just how fluid he was. Sad to say he is a shell of that version.

Page 173 of 177 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176 ... LastLast