Page 172 of 177 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,540 to 1,548 of 1585

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

I've been searching for the thread that was started a few years ago predicting which set of brothers would end up with the most titles, Altons or Stiebers. I know I predicted 4 out of the Stiebers. I can't remember what everyone else said.

I will continue my search.

Does anyone know what happened with Lawson? I saw the 'injury default' result and read the PSU match summary, but it didn't say much.

I can't add too much. Lawson was fighting off a McMullan TD shot for quite a while. Finally McMullan was awarded the TD and Lawson started holding his knee. It sounded like (but I'm not sure of this) that he hurt it while fighting off the TD, but kept fighting until the TD was called and then acknowledged the injury. I could be wrong, but that's what it sounded like listening to it. Unfortunately the video feed was lost before the Hwt bout, so I was only able to listen to the audio pbp. After the match Cael said the trainers were looking at him and there was no immediate word.

Thanks Tom,
    I'll be out of town for the next week, so I can't check in when they return. If you or anyone else gets some info, please post!

I found the Shorty Hitchcock results. It looks like AA had some good performances (30 second pin , then 2x third-period tech falls), then med defaulted going into the final. I don't know if "they" decided he had gotten in enough wrestling for the day (finals would have been against Murphy from Clarion who i don't know), or his shoulder started bothering him. Strange to med default after a TF.
    Now that I think about it, maybe Murphy had been working with James Fleming on his semi-legal headlock, and the coaches decided not to have that party in the finals.

Dylan looked like he had a solid, workman-like day. He won all four matches he wrestled (plus picking up a default), picking up one pin along the way. My assumption is that the coaching staff did not send them both there to get a bunch of first-period pins, so I like the scoring, especially from Andrew.

A couple other PSU kids did well, and a couple other familiar names showed up - I was excited to see Jake Taylor wrestling for the Finger Lakes club. He is a super kid from Bald Eagle. He beat Frascella, and lost to the kids who finished first and third. McCutcheon took second, a couple other PSU guys were there.

I found final brackets here:
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0140120aaa.pdf

From all I can tell A Alton didn't medically default, but it was intentional as was the case in the other opens the Altons have wrestled in. They've been saying for some time that Dylan's recovery is a bit ahead of Andrew's. Don't know all the thinking, but I think it's all part of a rehabilitative plan.

A further complication at 149 for PSU is that Beitz has been like pretty good--taking Tsirtsis to OT and coming within 15 sec of RT of winning it in regulation. I think that Andrew will have to be fully back to get the spot. Just MO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Does anyone know what happened with Lawson? I saw the 'injury default' result and read the PSU match summary, but it didn't say much.
    So apparently Jimmy is out at least a couple weeks though I still don't know what his injury is. Anyone hear anything?

Quote Originally Posted by nlion91 View Post
    So apparently Jimmy is out at least a couple weeks though I still don't know what his injury is. Anyone hear anything?
    Jimmy hurt his knee, but don't know the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Jimmy hurt his knee, but don't know the specifics.
    Thanks Tom. Hopefully it isn't too serious and we get him back soon.

This is a bad ass thread right here...Hope you State Penners can make sure it lives on in honor of Kr.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Page 172 of 177 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175 ... LastLast