Page 146 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,314 of 1573

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I don't have an opinion on how hard the NCAA should come down on PSU, but I do think that PSU apologists are going to look more and more clueless as time goes on. The Freeh report ain't a joke, and it won't be shot full of holes.
    Freeh report is very much a joke. Ask a lawyer about conclusions & suppositions. It was paid for by the BOT & gee whiz not a single BOT member is cited a=for any lack of responsibility. I look forward to the Curley & Schultz trials. The NCAA & the University should have waited until those trials finished.

And calling people asking for due process apologists is just inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I really don't think PSU wants to draw this out. I don't think they want to fight anything for fear of what else might get uncovered. I think it's in their best interest to impose hefty sanctions now to cut off the NCAA, then do whatever the NCAA says and not fight it. The more publicity this gets, the fewer kids who will decide to go there. Not just football, but why would a wrestler want to go to a university that has become a laughing stock? Cael is a great coach and has done nothing wrong, but I don't know if even he can convince a boy's mom that her child will be safe on that campus. Don't know of many dads who would send their cheerleading daughters to a school like that. And believe this, once the hot chicks stop coming, so will the athletes.

I say, take down the damn statue that has become an issue of debate, impose hefty sanctions and take the big hit of giving back tv revenue for a couple of years. That way tv isn't rehashing all of this every Saturday and reminding the nation of the scandal. PSU is a good enough program to quickly recover, but you have to take your licks and lose your money now to make more later.
    I understand that viewpint & that is what looks like happened but the NCAA over stepped their bounds ESPECIALLY since the trials are not over.

If NCAA is now going to step into CRIMINAL proceedings where were they when the Virginia Lax player killed a female lax player? What about the Duke lax players that got accused & then later vindicated. Where was the NCAA on those things? What they did was unprecedented & NOW they will have to step into criminal procedures every time a athletic department has criminal charges stepping in.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Does anyone know what ever became of the guy who first started investigating this and was found dead? I haven't heard any follow up on that, as in foul play or something. It seemed quite curious at the time, but seems to be overlooked now.
    Centre County DA Gricar went missing. They found his car in a river with a laptop that had its HD puled out. He tried for years to get a case against Sandusky & didnt have the evidence.I find this fact disturbing that not only did he go up missing but that no one seemed concerned enough to go investigate that.

There as been talk that Sandusky was actually involved in getting kids to other perverts. And my supposition is that maybe Gricar was on the way to finding out stuff that someone took him out for. AND no one pursued that. I will bet that years from now we will find out that there were other more powerful people involved in this & that Freeh was brought in to create a case to point the finger in ONE direction to distract us from looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I agree with some of the national media in saying that if this had been west Virginia or another coach then the punishment would have been expected. Any statue would have been removed and the team disbanded. The only reason people are excusing the coach is because it was Paterno and thats it. Paterno knew what happened, he knew for years, the administration knew for years they did nothing and serious message needs to be sent to athletic departments all over the nation. Football is not king.

If that had happened with an assistant coach on a wrestling team, the team would no longer exist. I say take the stand, forget that its penn state and paterno.

IMO if you knew someone was molesting kids and you did nothing to stop it, then you were guilty of molesting those kids as well.
    At this point that statement about Paterno is a supposition.The Freeh Report had ZERO smoking gun. Go read it. It was Freeh's conclusion. All this from a guy who let the 2 worst spies happen in US history on his watch. Picked by Bush Sr & served under Clinton. I am hoping the truth will come out in the next 2 trials but I am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    The Penn St/Paterno appologists are looking very foolish. It's time to be honest with yourselves. I wanted to believe that Santa Claus was real even after I saw my Dad putting presents under the tree but after about two minutes of deep thought, common sense prevailed.
    Actually, it's people who "convict" by a scandal driven media & believe a report that would be thrown of court who look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Here's the problem, nobody wants to make Paterno part of this me included. I would be most happy if he could go down in history as the beloved man he was thought to be. We see two different outcomes to the report you are in the vast minority which is fine but I can see why you could be. I think that when people read the report they expected Paterno and wanted Paterno to be free of all impropriety. The email record suggests strongly that Paterno was in the loop in 98 and we know he was in 01. Nobody is out to get him he brought this on himself by not living up to the standards he set not only for himself but the school as well. Now Patern's family had hired their l own people to investigate the incident and I hope they can restore paternos reputation but I doubt they can.
    Ugly if there had been a SMOKING GUN somewhere, where we have an email or taped conversation where Paterno was saying "I know all about this" or to "sweep this under the rug", I would say that Paterno's legacy would be taking a HUGE hit if not demolition. But so far there has been NONE. And one thing I know from dealing with counseling people for a long time, if a person has something to hide they do NOT say "I wish I had done more..." They deny it like Sandusky does & continue to hide it. The jury is still out on this & that is pretty much my only point on this entire fiasco. The Freeh report is far from being definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    "Penn State is much bigger than the actions of a few. Take medicine. March forward"

Later

"given wrong medicine in deathly high doses from the wrong people for an illness already being treated"

Second one was deleted.
    wow. Strong opinion...someone doesn't like the NCAA maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I think the penalties handed down by the NCAA are meant as a warning to others more than a punishment for PSU. Lots of collateral damage at PSU, but the lesson is to every other member institution, don't even think for a second about covering up child rape.
    Yes agreed Art. In the "old days" Genghis Khan called it a "Head on Pike": a warning to others that some things have zero tolerance which this topic should. In the end I hope makes everyone more vigilante as when I growing up with my father's wife a social worker in rural PA, I discovered child abuse & sexual abuse was far more wide spread than anyone would imagine.

conspiracy theory anyone?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Page 146 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast