Page 118 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,054 to 1,062 of 1590

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Seems like a Brands kind of kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Why? Does Brands have any undefeated guys this year that are demanding of themselves? Sounds like a Cael kid to me.

Try Kolat.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eisenhauer View Post
    Why? Does Brands have any undefeated guys this year that are demanding of themselves? Sounds like a Cael kid to me.
    Not this year. I can't remember if Brands has ever had an undefeated kid that was demanding of themselves, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Try Kolat.
    I know Kolat is a mentor to him, but is that going to bias him towards PSU? From a style perspective, Marsteller seems more like an Iowa wrestler than a PSU wrestler. Or, more like a Brands-style wrestler than a Sanderson-style wrestler.

I'm sure every PSU fan alive disagrees with that though.

Look at both Iowa and PSU this year and tell me that up and down that line-up there is any semblance of a style? I think the best coaches work with kids within their strengths while trying to rough out the edges in their all around skills. I would agree that the Dardanes are not necessarily cut out of a MN cloth but I'm excited to see then work on their top and bottom skills and add some pinning combos along the way.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I know Kolat is a mentor to him, but is that going to bias him towards PSU? From a style perspective, Marsteller seems more like an Iowa wrestler than a PSU wrestler. Or, more like a Brands-style wrestler than a Sanderson-style wrestler.

I'm sure every PSU fan alive disagrees with that though.
    I think it will bias him towards UNC or where ever Cary is.

I think if you watch the PSU team now their style is SHOOT immediately, & score as much as possible & have fun.

If you watched any of the PIAA AAAs this weekend you saw a kid who TF-ed his way into the finals & MD a undefeated returned state champ D1 bound Senior. I don't know what would possibly be different from what Cael teaches especially since Chance has gone to PSU camps & has wrestled with the NLWC.

Chance had not talked a lot to Cary in awhile until the Super32 this year. He still goes to Cary's school in Maryland even though Cary isn't there. I have no idea of knowing if it will ever happen but it would not surprise me if Cary somehow ended up with the NLWC.

I can remember watching videos of Kolat's matches - virtually all takedowns - in HS before practice. It was hard to believe how good he was on his feet. I'd be thrilled to see him here.

Seems a little like DT in this last period...

Page 118 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168 ... LastLast