Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missouri 18 Illinois 16 (Live PBP)

Default Re: Live play by play for Mizzou-Illinois

Not a bad showing by Polz coming off a rough Lindenwood Open to wrestle Marable close, although the ability to wrestle Marable close being a barometer of a quality 165 pounder is up for debate given some of his past scores.

Only losing by 2 to the #8 team in Mizzou, I was surprised to discover that Illinois is not even in the top 25.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-wrestl/division_i1.html

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Not a bad showing by Polz coming off a rough Lindenwood Open to wrestle Marable close, although the ability to wrestle Marable close being a barometer of a quality 165 pounder is up for debate given some of his past scores.
    Agreed. I'm hoping the Lindenwood Open was just him being sick or something, but we'll need to see him in a few more matches then one close one against Marable.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Missouri 18 Illinois 16 (Live PBP)

Schavrian and Prater had a crazy good scramble in the first. Then Prater with reversal and nearfall. Then Schavrian with reversal and nearfall. Schavrian gave up a bad takedown with only 2 sec left in 2nd period. Schavrian was coming back in the 3rd period. He got sloppy cutting Prater after a takedown. Prater turns around, grabs an ankle and gets a reverse. Then proceeds to get nearfalls. Action match for sure.

Hayne dominated Dergo. Almost had nearfall. How Polz didn't take down Marable I'll never know. He was a deep as you can get on a double leg. Marable was almost toying with him and at the same time almost getting his butt kicked. Asken funked his way for a 5-point move late in the 3rd.

Great early season dual!

Uh, by Dergo I mean Bond. Also, Henderson's first takedown against Blanton was from about two feet away with no setup. It was probably more, but I don't want to exaggerate. THat was a heck of a match also.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    #7 165 in the nation gets a SW in the 3rd and wins by a point -Polz and Howe were rivals in the In/Ill all-star and Howe won but barely each time.
    I could probably keep MArable to a 3-2 decision...

Didnt Polz get majored by Mizzooos backup the other week?
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I could probably keep MArable to a 3-2 decision...
    False.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Marable would have one look at 6'11, 140 LoSt in a singlet and fall down laughing, never to recover.

Well, If it works ...6 points is 6 points .Winner by dft.,LoSt.