Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How low is LoSt?

Default How low is LoSt?

This poor depraved young man is truly in a dark spot right now and needs your support.

I reluctantly engaged him in a conversation regarding whether Virginia Tech would have been a top 10 team last year with the Iowa 5 on them. He of course said they would not be a top 10 team.

After we broke down every weight he conceded that they would be top 10. However, when he realized this made me right, he actually went back and did the math for every weight to see if VT would in fact be a top 10 team.

Will somebody please trade him a 25 pounder so that these great lengths will not have to be gone through in order for him to reinforce in his mind that he can potentially be correct about things.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: How low is LoSt?

Iowa Tech would not hve been a top 10 team. I just did the math

If we plug in Iowa+Vts results from last year its 39, which is way short of the 47.5 MAryland got in 10th place.

Iowa-Tech would have had only 2 AAs
    Gold is an idiot.

I tried to get him one . Actually a couple -but he refuses to trade ''down'' which I do not understand as when you are ffting a weight class you have nowhere to go but up, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Iowa Tech would not hve been a top 10 team. I just did the math

If we plug in Iowa+Vts results from last year its 39, which is way short of the 47.5 MAryland got in 10th place.

Iowa-Tech would have had only 2 AAs
    See folks? Sad, really.

Act now, before it's too late.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

*shrugs* I have a trade offer pending and if it is not accepted I can sit pat. I' confident enough in my team that I will not trade it away before the season even has legs under it.

Todd got injured and I was short a 197 for half the year and still rolled through all 3 sections of the league. THe first year we played I did not score a point at 133 up until the supplimental, and then the guy I drafted got hurt. I still was 9 points away from taking 2nd.

I have done my shopping and there are not many reasonable offers to be had at this point. That is fine, I would rather run a little shorthanded then toss away and AA caliber guy for points I may or may not need in the end.
    Gold is an idiot.

I was gravely mistaken, I thought that Dennis was one of the VT transfers. He was not, so Iowa-Tech would only have had one AA last year and would have barely broken 30 points.
    Last edited by LoSt; 11-08-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Gold is an idiot.

The year before Iowa-Tech would have finished with 57.5 points, failing to pass Minnesotas 61.5 for 10th.
    Gold is an idiot.

Not true, Yates got injured in conferences and never got to wrestle a match. Metcalf would have been at 149 anyway and LeClere and Slaton would have had 141. That would have left VT with Garnett, Diaz, LeClere/Slaton, Metcalf, Dong, Epperly and then Borschel. I don't even know the rest but that team would have finished Top 10. If you want to argue that those individuals didn't do anything at Nationals thats fine You might have an argument there but its my gut feeling that those individuals most likely would have come in with disgustingly good records and probably ridiculous seeds and it might have made a big difference. Its only my OPINION though and should only be taken as such.

Lost spells like Kentucky_Mudflap.