Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kent State 20 VaTech 18

Default Re: Kent State 20 VaTech 18

I'm pretty sure Cathell didn't participate in the wrestleoff either, is he ineligible for a semester because of the transfer?

Cathell is eligible, he's still having trouble getting down to 149 for the first time this year.

This is the 5th year in a row that he's been at that same 145/149 weight range and as tall as he is its getting progressively more difficult for him to make.

I'm pleased with the performance of Troy Opfer, taking Garnett to OT. That's good for KSU, since Bedelyon is apparently out until January with an injury.

Anyone have any info on Mallie Shuster for Kent State? Name doesn't ring a bell, certainly starting off well...

He had a great redshirt year last year. He only lost 1 time and had some quality wins including 1 over Sean Nemec. He should be very good this year and could challenge for an AA spot...

Just got back from the matches.

Garnett looked great in the first match, and then got turned w/ a guillotine. He was dominant on his feet and had a sweet pin against the UTC kid.

Diaz-Inconsistent. The match w/ cleveland was closer but he made siome head scratching decisions in scrambles. Gave up back points trying to pass a leg.

Yates looked really good, very good on his feet. He could do quite well this year.
    Spellman got the first two td's against Killer, but Dustin was just a power house and came back.

at 285 they sent out their BACK UP 97 lber in stead of Andrew Miller their big recruit heavyweight who might have been a freshmen, but wouldnt have gotten stuck like his older(but smaller) brother had to lose the match. My brother and I were very confused. Then after that smashing they forfeited heavy against UTC??
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Damn, I thought Yates was redshirting as well. Who's passing this information. Would have loved Yates on my team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Anyone have any info on Mallie Shuster for Kent State? Name doesn't ring a bell, certainly starting off well...
    He was a stud in PA - solid kid.