Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 57

Thread: Mike Evans to Iowa

  1. #19

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post

    I thought all the PA kids were going to go to Penn St now that Cael is there. Guess Dzeiwa, Evans, Peppleman and Kindig never got that memo.
    Like was already mentioned, kind of difficult to give those guys all coin/space in the line up with the Altons, Sherlock, Taylor, Kemerer, and Ruth all either there already or coming.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Like was already mentioned, kind of difficult to give those guys all coin/space in the line up with the Altons, Sherlock, Taylor, Kemerer, and Ruth all either there already or coming.

    That's my point. Just because Cael is in Penn St doesnt mean they are going to get everyone from the area like many believe.

    I mean, come on...It's not like it's Iowa and he's not Tom Brands.

  3. #21
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    I don't often say this so pay attention: Lay off Lost. That was actually pretty funny. We've all made similar jokes about other wrestlers...hell, I remember many Hawk fans making similar jokes about Ballweg last year. I like and respect the kid, but it's just a joke, and it wasn't even really worded too harshly.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  4. #22

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I don't often say this so pay attention: Lay off Lost. That was actually pretty funny. We've all made similar jokes about other wrestlers...hell, I remember many Hawk fans making similar jokes about Ballweg last year. I like and respect the kid, but it's just a joke, and it wasn't even really worded too harshly.
    It wasn't that funny. And I actually don't mind LoSt most of the time. He's like that dopey younger kid in the neighborhood that follows you around because he's got nothing better to do.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  5. #23
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    That's my point. Just because Cael is in Penn St doesnt mean they are going to get everyone from the area like many believe.

    I mean, come on...It's not like it's Iowa and he's not Tom Brands.
    Your point started off being "In the interest of being fair you cant give Cael Ruth and Taylor for this years class." I would say that in the interest of being fair you have to take those into consideration. Iowa is putting together a fantastic class of 2010, but that's because they will have a lot of money freed up after this year. PSU doesn't have quite as many top 50 guys this year (though they are right up there), but look at how much they got for their money in the class of 2009. You don't get Taylor, Ruth, Kemerer, and (I can't remember the other guy who originally committed to ISU) for free.

    You say that he's not Tom Brands, and that's true--he isn't the one who's coached to 2 national titles, and arguments could be made that Cael hasn't gotten his wrestlers to reach their potential. That is Brands' specialty. However, in the land of recruiting, Cael and John Smith have done far better than anyone else.

    PSU's 2 year group is incredible. Definitely better than Iowa's (or anyone else's) in the same time frame.


  6. #24

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post

    PSU's 2 year group is incredible. Definitely better than Iowa's in the same time frame.


    the 2 year window is pretty incredible
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  7. #25
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    What do you mean?


  8. #26

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    I was agreeing with you about the guys PSU has been able to grab over the last two years. That is an incredible two years worth of recruiting.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  9. #27
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I don't often say this so pay attention: Lay off Lost. That was actually pretty funny. We've all made similar jokes about other wrestlers...hell, I remember many Hawk fans making similar jokes about Ballweg last year. I like and respect the kid, but it's just a joke, and it wasn't even really worded too harshly.
    And what did those jokes have to do with Jake, his younger brother? Let's let people earn those cheap shots first.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •