Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Evans to Iowa

Default Re: Mike Evans to Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post

I thought all the PA kids were going to go to Penn St now that Cael is there. Guess Dzeiwa, Evans, Peppleman and Kindig never got that memo.
    Like was already mentioned, kind of difficult to give those guys all coin/space in the line up with the Altons, Sherlock, Taylor, Kemerer, and Ruth all either there already or coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Like was already mentioned, kind of difficult to give those guys all coin/space in the line up with the Altons, Sherlock, Taylor, Kemerer, and Ruth all either there already or coming.

That's my point. Just because Cael is in Penn St doesnt mean they are going to get everyone from the area like many believe.

I mean, come on...It's not like it's Iowa and he's not Tom Brands.

I don't often say this so pay attention: Lay off Lost. That was actually pretty funny. We've all made similar jokes about other wrestlers...hell, I remember many Hawk fans making similar jokes about Ballweg last year. I like and respect the kid, but it's just a joke, and it wasn't even really worded too harshly.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I don't often say this so pay attention: Lay off Lost. That was actually pretty funny. We've all made similar jokes about other wrestlers...hell, I remember many Hawk fans making similar jokes about Ballweg last year. I like and respect the kid, but it's just a joke, and it wasn't even really worded too harshly.
    It wasn't that funny. And I actually don't mind LoSt most of the time. He's like that dopey younger kid in the neighborhood that follows you around because he's got nothing better to do.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    That's my point. Just because Cael is in Penn St doesnt mean they are going to get everyone from the area like many believe.

I mean, come on...It's not like it's Iowa and he's not Tom Brands.
    Your point started off being "In the interest of being fair you cant give Cael Ruth and Taylor for this years class." I would say that in the interest of being fair you have to take those into consideration. Iowa is putting together a fantastic class of 2010, but that's because they will have a lot of money freed up after this year. PSU doesn't have quite as many top 50 guys this year (though they are right up there), but look at how much they got for their money in the class of 2009. You don't get Taylor, Ruth, Kemerer, and (I can't remember the other guy who originally committed to ISU) for free.

You say that he's not Tom Brands, and that's true--he isn't the one who's coached to 2 national titles, and arguments could be made that Cael hasn't gotten his wrestlers to reach their potential. That is Brands' specialty. However, in the land of recruiting, Cael and John Smith have done far better than anyone else.

PSU's 2 year group is incredible. Definitely better than Iowa's (or anyone else's) in the same time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post

PSU's 2 year group is incredible. Definitely better than Iowa's in the same time frame.

the 2 year window is pretty incredible

What do you mean?

I was agreeing with you about the guys PSU has been able to grab over the last two years. That is an incredible two years worth of recruiting.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    And what did those jokes have to do with Jake, his younger brother? Let's let people earn those cheap shots first.