Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do Jaggers, Caldwell, Burroughs, and Metcalf have in Common?

Default What do Jaggers, Caldwell, Burroughs, and Metcalf have in Common?

1) An NCAA title.
    2) A good (or assured, in Jaggers' case) shot at a second NCAA title.

But what I find most interesting is that all four of them are planning on competing at 66kg internationally. What a bracket that will be for the world/olympic team trials. Hopefully they will all push each other to the limits and make whoever ends up representing the US in London an animal. What's great is that all of their styles are very different, but all are fun and exciting to watch.

Default Re: What do Jaggers, Caldwell, Burroughs, and Metcalf have in Common?

That sucks for Jaggers. He's definitely a tweener with these new weight classes.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I'm wondering if Burroughs really will make 145.5.

Does anyone know why he didnt compete this summer at freestyle?(if he did i missed results)
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Yeah--Jaggers was making a vicious cut to get to 141, though. He did wrestle 149 his freshman year. Maybe now he'll be able to put on some muscle after he basically hasn't been able to grow since he was a senior in HS.

Frayer and Paulson won't hurt the competition, either.

145.5 in international seems like it would be a great fit for Jaggers, he was cutting wayyyy too much at 141.

What I can't believe is that Burroughs is going to suck down that far... He seems huge to me, which is part of why I wasn't surprised when the rumor of him moving to 165 broke.

I also have a hard time picturing Caldwell staying down that low. He's talked about moving up to 157 in the past, and I think its very likely thats where we see him next year.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Yeah--Jaggers was making a vicious cut to get to 141, though. He did wrestle 149 his freshman year. Maybe now he'll be able to put on some muscle after he basically hasn't been able to grow since he was a senior in HS.
    There is a recent Flo video where they interview Jaggers and he kind of jokes about being able to put on a little weight for the first time in several years and then not have to kill himself to get it back off. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts getting back into freestyle.

If Burroughs is really walking around at just 164 right now like Manning said he was, getting down to 145.5 with the night before weigh ins shouldn't be a major problem

They are all three guys who have never been in my kitchen?

I'm thinkin Burroughs is a pretty muscular 164 though.. NIght before weigh in is a huge deal though.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.