<HR>
Central Michigan Chippawas according to D1collegewrestling.net

2010 Recruiting
Jared Porter-Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Projected Weight: 149 LBS
Accomplishments: 2009 Oklahoma 5A State Champ
Tyler Keselring-Greenville, Michigan

Projected Weight: 133 LBS
Accomplishments: 2009 Michigan D2 State Qualifier, 2008 Michigan D2 State Champ, 2007 Michigan D2 State Champ
Dakota Cooley-Chelsea, Michigan

Projected Weight: 157 LBS
Accomplishments: 2009 Michigan D2 State 3rd Place, 2008 Michigan D2 State 5th Place, 2007 Michigan D2 State Qualifier
CMU has had a busy week in recruiting as they have picked up two more out of state commitments 10/14 giving Coach Tom Borrelli 4 this week. The latest was Tyler Shock of Illinois, who went 4-2 at the Fargo Junior Nationals last summer at 171 lbs. Tyler is expected to compete for the Chippewas at 174. Ryan Quinn from Cincinatti, Ohio also committed over the weekend as well according to Michigangrappler.com
[FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Central Michigan University Recruiting by Michigangrappler.com[/FONT][FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]weekend as well. [/FONT][FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Taylor Schuck (Elgin, IL) - 174, Ryan Quinn (Oak Hills, OH) - Jared Porter (Carl Albert, OK) - 149/157[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial Black', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Staying close to home: Keselring picks Central Michigan[/FONT]

10/10 - There were a fleet of D1 College coaches all over the Midwest interested in Tyler Keselring's services, however, in the end the Greenville senior chose his closest option as he gave Central Michigan coach Tom Borelli a verbal commitment to wrestle for the Chippewas next year. Keselring says among his top choices other than CMU was Indiana, Maryland, and Old Dominion, however, Central Michigan had what he was looking for. "After taking my visit to CMU there were several
things I was impressed with," said Keselring, "I felt very comfortable with Coach (Tom) Borrelli and Coach (Mark) DiSalvo. They are honest straight talking people and I really trust what they are telling me."In addition, a main factor that attracted Keselring to CMU was the location and proximity to home. Mt Pleasant is not more than a 50 mile drive from his hometown and that, he says is a big reason for his commiting to Central Michigan.

"Yeah, location did play into my decision. I can be home in about an hour vs a place like Old Dominion or Maryland which I know I could only get home a couple times a year. Mt Pleasant is about the size of Greenville and I feel comfortable there as compared to being stuck in a large city," said Keselring, "CMU is also a popular location for Greenville kids and I have some old high school teammates there, so maybe we can get a Greenville cheering section in the stands."

He has reached a major milestone in his life and career, and there are alot of people that have helped Keselring get to this point.

"In terms of wrestling and life it's a long list (of people who have gotten me here). It has to start with Coach Dennis Powers, my coach from 4yrs old through middle school. Tom and Doug Bennett, Craig Shutich and all the coaches at Michigan Xtreme. Paul Johnson the Greenville High School coach for working with me on understanding what ?team? means. Lastly, a couple others that have had an impact on me are long time mentor Adam Hopkins as well as Todd Skinner, Chris Phifer, Roger Massa, and you always have to mention your parents. My dad for driving and flying me all around the country to tournaments and camps and my mom for always hounding me about homework and studying."

Keselring is currently ranked 18th nationally at 130lbs according to WIN Magazine's Preseason Rankings and he says that the plan is for him to wrestle 133 in college, although he will likely bounce around from 130 to 140 this year. While he is happy to have made his decision he still has some work to do this year.

"I have a lot to prove to myself. I?m just going to put it all on the line this year and just get the job done."

10/10 - Michigan Grappler received word today that Oklahoma state champion Jared Porter of Oklahoma City, OK has given a verbal commitment to Central Michigan University. Porter was a 5A state champ last year at 145lbs and is projected to wrestler either 149 ot 157 for CMU.