Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008/2009 Preseason All American Predictions

Default Re: 2008/2009 Preseason All American Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SetonHallPirate View Post
    Jensen, I'll give you your top ten in a few (haven't figured it out yet), but based on 21-17-14.5-13.5-11-10-7.5-6.5 scoring, tigerfan, here's your top ten, and it's worth noting:

1. Missouri, 108
    2. Iowa State, 97
    3. Iowa, 96.5
    4. Cornell, 75
    5. Nebraska, 70.5
    6. Ohio State, 49
    7. Oklahoma State, 48.5
    8. Illinois, 41
    9. Michigan, 39
    10. Edinboro, 37
    Why is it worth noting? IF Dolan, Primus, and Henderson step up and AA, Mizzou could win it all. Probably should have snuck a few more Gophs in there, but they fell just short a couple times. My picks are homerish, I know, but isn't that what being a fan is all about?

tigerfan-I'm not doubting that it's very possible...just that nobody is expecting it. Shoot...my numbers are showing you guys as fourth, and I've been ridiculed from all corners about it. Same with my numbers (using D1CollegeWrestling's rankings) that have the Cyclones, Hawkeyes, and Big Red in a virtual dead heat (many expect the Hawkeyes to win a national title relatively easily, and I'm not just referring to w*ll*m*n##).

Your picks for Cornell seem a bit low (comparatively) as well, and that can't just be attributed to Leen...I'm surprised you don't have Steve Anceravage AAing.

I think it's all really difficult to say what Nebraska will be doing with all of their off-season turmoil. They will either have a fantastic year or crash and burn. I don't see anything in-between happening.

I agree and I agree with Jensens in keeping the "gingers" low on the totem pole.

For some reason I think Jensens thinks Nickerson is a redhead too. Or is that a redheaded step child?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

If he's in the lineup this year, you can mark down Christian Brantley at 285 for UNI as an AA. He spanked John Wise last year in an open tournament as a true freshman, and Wise had a pretty good season last year.

Just saw that Alex Dolly from UNI is going to get a medical senior year this year, so add him at 174 as another UNI AA.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

tigerfan-I'm not doubting that it's very possible...just that nobody is expecting it. Shoot...my numbers are showing you guys as fourth, and I've been ridiculed from all corners about it. Same with my numbers (using D1CollegeWrestling's rankings) that have the Cyclones, Hawkeyes, and Big Red in a virtual dead heat (many expect the Hawkeyes to win a national title relatively easily, and I'm not just referring to w*ll*m*n##).

Your picks for Cornell seem a bit low (comparatively) as well, and that can't just be attributed to Leen...I'm surprised you don't have Steve Anceravage AAing.
    I was surprised as well. I see 174 as loaded, with the top 4 on their own level. The other 4 spots are pretty much up for grabs. I like Anceravage's chances, as well as Dolly, Lee, Letts, and Dergo. Grey may surprise me, but 133 is loaded as well. 5 or 6 guys with legimate shots to win the whole thing. Granted If Mizzou actually does that well, well...it would be unexpected for sure. I'm interested to hear Schavrien's opinion of Robles v. Dolan. I'll ask him next time I see him. These predictions won't seem quite as far-fetched after Nat'l Duals. Between Football and Wrestling, we Mizzou fans are in our happy places!

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Did you leave Franklin Gomez off intentionally?
    No I did not. I think I bounced him out and forgot to put him back in when I was debating on where to stick Ruggirello. Gomez is a guy I like a lot and should definitely be on the AA stand again.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Jensen, please stop picking Askren to win it all. Thanks so much.
    Given the way some of my rooting interests have performed recently (Alicia Sacramone cough cough) and Askren even over his entire career I may have to look into this one.

And yours, Jensen:

1. Iowa, 95.5
    2. Iowa State, 87
    3. Cornell, 84
    4. Missouri, 66.5
    5. Ohio State, 61.5
    6. Nebraska, 60.5
    7. Minnesota, 56
    8. Illinois, 52
    9. Michigan, 42.5
    10. Oklahoma State, 34.5
    Good stuff dude, thanks. Seems to be the general theory at least going into the season that its going to come down to the two Iowa schools, and Cornell.

Nickerson has brown hair.

Yes, we Mizzou fans are in a happy place, but it's early. I've been a Tiger long enough to know that I should keep an eye open for that other shoe.

I would love to see Christian Brantley make some noise. I watched him while he was at Mt. Carmel and was always impressed with him. Plus, UNI is now one of my secondary teams since my niece goes to school there.

Ease up on the gingers, Gofer!

Ever since I read on Yahoo today that the Russians were banning South Park I have made it my own personal mission to use as many South Parkism's as I can. There is a BIG guy here somewhere that has to be pained by all of this.

BIG finally has a reason to disagree with Russia and side with the U.S. Convert now BIG, if you mix Red with Red, White and Blue you get Purple. That sounds about right for you.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."