Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn State Freshmen Make Adjustment To College

Default Penn State Freshmen Make Adjustment To College

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...g_to_ncaa.aspx

Pretty good article on the young boys that Penn State has in their room this year, they talk about Taylor and Ruth the most probably but they make mention of Kemmerer and Machiarolli as well.

Taylor apparently already is weighing 160.

Default Re: Penn State Freshmen Make Adjustment To College

Crazy he's gotten that big so fast. I wonder where he'll end up.

I think the plan was 165 next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I think the plan was 165 next year...
    I would think Jake Kemmerer would be at 165 and I think David Taylor needs more then a redshirt year to match up with Kemmerer physically asumming they are both at the same wieght.

Kemmerer already looks like hes been in a college program for a couple years.

I would guess 149 for Taylor as a redshirt freshman (Bubba J comes off redshirt and goes 157, Kemmerer goes 165) and then the next year Taylor can make the bump to 157 or higher when the Altons come off of redshirt.

I know technique is very important, but I don't see Taylor lighting the world up at 165...I say 141 early on and up to 157 later in career
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Normally I would concur save for last year -Howe started as a 130 lber and just kept going on -I thought he would be at 57 last year but he proved he can hand with anyone -I had a kid wrestle him -Porter -and Porter was an animal -benched 325 -strong as a bull and all he did was count lights against Howe -most of Howe's matches were 1-3 point victories save for that AK he laid on Fay at the Midlands -Andrew is special -as I think Taylor will be .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Normally I would concur save for last year -Howe started as a 130 lber and just kept going on -I thought he would be at 57 last year but he proved he can hand with anyone -I had a kid wrestle him -Porter -and Porter was an animal -benched 325 -strong as a bull and all he did was count lights against Howe -most of Howe's matches were 1-3 point victories save for that AK he laid on Fay at the Midlands -Andrew is special -as I think Taylor will be .
    Does David just want to be Caels size so he can roll with him?, lol.
    Not a horrible idea.

If he ends up a 197 pounder I'm gonna demand a pee test!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

No way I see him being 141 for his RS frosh year. If he's weighing 160 right now, he really probably doesn't have much fat; he's always a very lean guy. I even question whether or not he'll be able to make 149--it doesn't sound like he's slowed down growing at all. This is a guy that looked like he was 10 years old until the summer after his Junior year, so he could still have a good bit of room to grow.