Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 19 to 27 of 27
Discuss Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by RYou Caldwell exposed the style it takes to defeat Metcalf. The question ...
  1. #19
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Caldwell exposed the style it takes to defeat Metcalf. The question is; Does anyone else have the speed, agility and strength to replicate the feat? Someone in the current cadre will have to severely alter their style. Caldwell proved Metcalf's key weakness is his paced attack, as well as his key asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet~Knight View Post
    Metcalf against a one-armed Caldwell might be a close match, but I'd still go with Caldwell.
    Careful about drawing too many conclusions from 1 or 2 matches. Metcalf was ripe for the plucking last Nationals, and Caldwell rightfully did so. But all Caldwell exposed is that he is an excellent wrestler, and was much better than Metcalf on that day. The next rematch, if there is one, may turn out the the same, or it may turn out differently. I'm looking forward to a rematch between Caldwell and Bubba Jenkins as well.

  2. #20
    Hearts Zadick bluestater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,260

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    From the fake Brent Metcalf twitter feed:

    I hate to admit it, but I admire Caldwell's dedication to ducking me by having shoulder surgery.

    http://twitter.com/brentmetcalf/statuses/4428954452

    Hilarious.

  3. #21
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Honey, don't do that. You don't want to, trust me. I'm just asking if that's really the amount of compassion you want to show. If it is, go with it.
    What do you think i'm pissed at? Caldwell? I clearly stated in my previous post that I hoped Caldwell would recover and be back better than ever.
    Plus it's not as though I'm actually pissed, just disappointed.
    It was from a fans perspective who wanted to see a rematch that pretty much everyone would have first on their list for a match they'd want to see again. Obviously if he has shoulder problems he should get it operated on and who would ever blame him. Most people over here can figure it out a little quicker, but i guess theres a few you need to spoon feed.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #22
    Hearts Zadick bluestater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,260

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    What do you think i'm pissed at? Caldwell? I clearly stated in my previous post that I hoped Caldwell would recover and be back better than ever.
    Plus it's not as though I'm actually pissed, just disappointed.
    It was from a fans perspective who wanted to see a rematch that pretty much everyone would have first on their list for a match they'd want to see again. Obviously if he has shoulder problems he should get it operated on and who would ever blame him. Most people over here can figure it out a little quicker, but i guess theres a few you need to spoon feed.
    Just asking that you use correct wording. If you meant disappointed, use that word. Apparently, that's too much for you. I'll make a mental note that I shouldn't expect much from you.

  5. #23
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Just asking that you use correct wording. If you meant disappointed, use that word. Apparently, that's too much for you. I'll make a mental note that I shouldn't expect much from you.
    You're so cool.

    And by cool I mean annoying.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #24
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    I like Blue a lot, but I think you're kind of making something out of nothing here. However, va, no need for namecalling.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #25
    Super Moderator Wiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,108

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I like Blue a lot, but I think you're kind of making something out of nothing here. However, va, no need for namecalling.
    How was the North Korean prison/(vacation)? I mean cruise.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  8. #26
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Does anyone know if the injury occurred during his freestyle season, trying out for NCS football, or practicing his flips?
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  9. #27
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    You would think it was during his fs training after trials because he looked phenomenal during trials.

    Either that or it was an old nagging type of injury.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

user tags

caldwell shoulder procedure

the wrestling talk shoulder surgery

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •