Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 National Duals

Default Re: 2010 National Duals

Quote Originally Posted by fanforlife View Post
    Terp - you know you want to come... this should be a can't miss for you, the Terps are in it!
    Yeah, I know. But I have to see what the new job will be like, our daughter starts college in a week so I may have to watch my dollars a bit more.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I've never seen crabcakes sold there
    We sell crab cakes at University of Maryland events, I figured everyone did!! Oh yeah, and Boardwalk fries.

RYou should come down to see his Scarlet Knights play the Terps in about a month! I'll be at the Elon-Georgia Southern game that same day.....
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingTerp View Post
    We sell crab cakes at University of Maryland events, I figured everyone did!! Oh yeah, and Boardwalk fries.

RYou should come down to see his Scarlet Knights play the Terps in about a month! I'll be at the Elon-Georgia Southern game that same day.....
    We had plans to, even had tix, until my son came up with tix to the PSU v Iowa game up in State College.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Terp,

Come to National Duals. It is my favorite wrestling event of the year. There are going to be great matchups in every division this year. Plus, there's the added fun of watching fanforlife go from one end of the dome to the other 1,143 times in 2 days. I have 2 pieces of advice - bring a seat cushion and be prepared for snow.

Jim

PS I'll buy the beer.
    2011 NAIA Wrestling Championships, March 3, 4 & 5, Cedar Rapids, IA. I'll see you there.

I was going to say Terp I will buy you a beverage of choice! Also I may look at coming to a Terps football game and suggestions (I am going to the Iowa vs. PSU game).

Jim- hahaha, I thought it was more like 2,000 times but who's counting. I may wear a pedometer next year just for the heck of it!
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

fanforlife: I love National Duals! I probably have more fun at it than I do at Nationals. It is very convenient for me that it is in Cedar Falls and I hope it is never moved. Your organization does a great job with this tournament. It's fun to see the smaller schools as well. And the ladies really get after it. It's fun to watch them wrestle freestyle. The whole thing is great and I cant wait for the negative degree wind chill, thirty mph winds and blowing snow from the storm that is sure to move through on Friday night! Please do all you can to never have this event moved from Cedar Falls. The UNIDome is a great venue and the Cedar Valley is really one of the greatest wrestling areas in this countrys history.

Jeez...I'm getting all jacked up for this thing and its only August.

Herkey - Thanks a lot. We enjoy this event as well, it is a lot of work to make sure it all runs well, but the wrestling is definitely great with all the divisions in one building.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

Okay, since the entire Chamber of Commerce is on here, help me out.

1. Where should I stay? I'll try to find out where the Terps are staying, but just in case.
    2. Do I need a car....or snowmobile....to get to the UNI Dome?

Did a really quick Travelocity search and airfare and three nights for a room is in the $500 range. Not too bad. But why do all of the hotels in Cedar Falls just have hourly rates.......

Getting around in Cedar Falls is very easy. You can stay at any hotel in Cedar Falls or Waterloo and get to the Dome within fifteen minutes. I would stay away from the east side of the river in Waterloo though. It's a pretty rough area and probably where you found rooms with hourly rates. I havnt lived in Cedar Falls for a few years now but there are hotels on Hudson Rd just down the street from the dome. Those are very accessable and it's a straight shot to the dome. There is also one on University and Main. I think it is a Fairfield. There is a Holiday inn on University. All of these hotels are a short drive to the dome. There are none within walking distance, but then again it will be the middle of winter in Iowa...You don't want to walk. We usually park our cars and take taxi's. They will pick you up at the dome if you call them. This way we can be dropped off at the bar after the wrestling is over and call them for a ride home after all the fights are done on Main St...I mean after we are done talking wrestling with others in a civil manner over a few beers...and jeagerbombs.

I wish I still lived in Cedar Falls.