Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 wrestling recruits sticking with ISU, Jackson

Default Re: 2 wrestling recruits sticking with ISU, Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    "I wouldn't be surprised if Cael is working on him," Jackson said. "Who wouldn't want a Jake Varner on your team.

Isn't it against NCAA rules to recruit an athlete on another team?
    Varner needs a release (1st step is a release to discuss, 2nd step is a release from the program and scholarship) from ISU to talk to Sanderson directly.

I believe the rule book says Sanderson cannot talk to Varner directly without Varner receiving permission from ISU, but I don't believe there is a prohibition if a third party like his HS coach approaches Sanderson.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

World Champ

Default Re: 2 wrestling recruits sticking with ISU, Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    I think many of these rumors (including Varner's rumored departure--to which the reporter couldn't, or was unwilling to, name a source for) are largely the figment of overimaginative and wishful Hawkeye fans. The tail wagging the journalistic dog so to speak.
    or the figment of paranoid Clones. Vaner's not going anywhere, and ISU will be stronger next year than last year.