Thread: Harvard's 2009 Recruiting Class

Default Harvard's 2009 Recruiting Class

Since I know there are a few other Crimson fans on here, I thought I would share this. I just got this in one of our alumni newsletters. I know that Corey Jantzen is taking a year off next year, so it looks like we have a few interesting prospects for 141.

Nick Brazeau (157)
    comes to us from Mattawan High School in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Nick set
    the single season wins record, and is second in career wins in his school’s history.

Anthony Buxton (141/149)
    comes in from high school powerhouse Blair Academy in
    Blairstown, New Jersey. Anthony finished 3rd in the National Prep Championships this past year
    and his team won the High School National Championship.

Spencer Friedman (141) joins us from sunny Los Angelos, California where he attended the
    Harvard Westlake School. Spencer was All League the past two years and was voted Team MVP
    this past season. Along with his wrestling prowess, Spencer was also a National Merit Finalist.

Adam Hogue (157/165) hails from Twinsburg, Ohio and attended Blair Academy with fellow
    incoming frosh Anthony Buxton. Adam won a National Prep Title this past season and was a big
    part of Blair’s National Championship this season.

Steven Keith (125) will be the fourth Crimson wrestler to come out of Shoreham-Wading River
    High School in Shoreham, New York (the other three are Corey and Jesse Jantzen ’04 and
    Andrew McNerney ’83). Steven is a two-time New York State Champion and four-time placer.
    As a junior he was a FILA Cadet National Champion and was selected Outstanding Wrestler of
    the tournament. He finished up his high school career by completed his senior season an
    impressive 46-0.

David Lalo (165/174) comes to Cambridge from Olathe East Senior High School in Overland
    Park, Kansas. David finished 3rd in state his Junior and Senior seasons. He was also an All
    County football player and was chosen as his high school’s Male Athlete of the Year.

Paul Liguori (133/141) is another Long Island import. Paul wrestled for Wantagh High School
    in Wantagh, New York. He is a two-time New York State Champion and was also 3rd twice. Paul
    set a New York State Record with 122 consecutive victories and will look to continue the
    tradition of great New York wrestlers here at Harvard.

Kyle Roy (165/174) is from Cohasset, Massachusetts and comes to the Crimson from Milton
    Academy where he was a three-time Northern New England Champion and a New England Prep
    Champion.

Default Re: Harvard's 2009 Recruiting Class

I thought Apple Valley won the unoffical team National Championship this year, not Blair.

I am not sure what type of school Apple Valley is, but I believe Blair is prep/private so maybe that is the difference? Or is Apple Valley a prep school as well?

Apple Valley is a public school and that was an award given out by a magazine, not any kind of "real" championship.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I thought Apple Valley won the unoffical team National Championship this year, not Blair.
    Prep schools have an actual national tournament, so they crown a true official National Championship and Blair wins it every year.