Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISU fans

Default ISU fans

How do you feel about how ISU has handled this off season? Are you glad that they are granting releases and letting the kids go where they want, or would you prefer they do all they can to get the kids to stay? Are you happy with the KJ hire and do you think he'll be able to keep the 10 starters to stay this year and if so can/will he get them over the top to a national title?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: ISU fans

How do you feel about how ISU has handled this off season?

About as well as they could have.

Are you glad that they are granting releases and letting the kids go where they want, or would you prefer they do all they can to get the kids to stay?

I don't think any ISU fan is glad these kids asked for a release. I think ISU did all they could aside from not issuing the releases. The kids would have taken the ineligible year as an equivalent redshirt and left anyway. It's pretty clear the AD would not sign a release until after he named a new coach and the coach had an opportunity to talk to the recruits.

Are you happy with the KJ hire

About as good as any other hire they could have made.

and do you think he'll be able to keep the 10 starters to stay this year and if so can/will he get them over the top to a national title?

Varner has already said he's outta there. The question is, will the AD issue the release to a returning champ. Personally I hope he stays. It would be pretty selfish to leave with the crew ISU has returning and a real chance for the team title. I would think they'll be favored for the title. I understand his belief in Sanderson, but there are other factors that he needs to consider. Let's face it, if Varner is out, so goes any shot at the team title.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

All starters will be back. I don't know where you heard Varner is leaving - he definitely said he was staying. Fanthorpe and Zabriskie in the same interview said they were staying, Gallick, Cyler, and Mueller said they were staying. Burk's can't leave or he's done. I've heard nothing about Reader, Clark, or Ward, but I assume they are staying.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Heres a crazy question.

What will people think(of Cael) if you guys go and win it all next year?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    How do you feel about how ISU has handled this off season?
    I have no complaints. If all their line-up stays, that is evidence they've handled it pretty well.

Heres a crazy question.

What will people think(of Cael) if you guys go and win it all next year?
    You know he'll be proud of his boys and I don't think he'll have a regrets about leaving.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

How do you feel about how ISU has handled this off season? Are you glad that they are granting releases and letting the kids go where they want, or would you prefer they do all they can to get the kids to stay? Are you happy with the KJ hire and do you think he'll be able to keep the 10 starters to stay this year and if so can/will he get them over the top to a national title?
    ISU has done what I would have liked to see them do with the releases. KJ was the one the guys wanted. I hope Eric Thompson stays. Heard he was 50/50 right now. I will be happy once the assistants are hired. This could help keep some guys. The new olympic training center could be a big draw. Trent Paulson said he came to ISU for a 8 year plan, not a four year plan.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

Given that both he and Travis are in Lincoln now it seems like he cut that 8 year plan short after 5.

It'll be very interesting though to see if KJ is able to lure them back.

I had also heard that Varner would be following Sanderson
    Gold is an idiot.