More Recognition for DieringerDieringer earned his second Freshman of the Year award.

April 2, 2013
STILLWATER—Oklahoma State wrestler Alex Dieringer received his second postseason recognition as it was announced today that he was named Amateur Wrestling News Redshirt Freshman of the Year.
“It feels good to know that people are watching me and think I’m doing things worthy of their attention,” Dieringer said. “I’m coming off a good year, and I’m ready to keep that going. But what’s most important is that I go in with a positive mindset and listen to everything my coaches tell me. That’s how I’ll continue to be successful.”
Dieringer is coming off an outstanding showing at the 2013 NCAA Championships, finishing in third place and picking up three major decisions and a fall along the way.
The freshman also earned his first conference title, winning the finals by a major decision. During the 2012-13 campaign, he notched seven wins over ranked opponents and 25 bonus-point wins to contribute to his 35-5 overall record and 18-1 dual mark.
Amateur Wrestling News was founded in 1956 and has since been a trusted resource for wrestling news, history and coverage. AWN is now partnered with TheOpenMat.com to make its news more accessible via the Internet.*